Author Topic: These Questions Three  (Read 1654 times)

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
These Questions Three
Usually I am able to find the answers on the search function or the wiki but I just needed some extra assistance on the following questions. Thanks for any help anyone could render!

1. In 3.7.0 RC2 the wiki says it allows "dynamic primary linking" for a ship.tbl flag, and it says a key bind was in place in 3.6.13 but it doesn't say what that key is or how to change it. Any ideas?

2. I searched a long time for this one, but to no avail. How do I remove the original FS2 intro scene before the pilot selection screen?

3. I want to put custom pictures in the credits roll, and in the wiki it has the line $Start Image Index: but it doesn't say what file location to put the images at or what to name them? Sorry if this is a simple question.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: These Questions Three
Regarding 2: You remove or replace intro.mve/intro.ogg. I think mjn.mixael once made a "blank" intro file that can be used to override the default, but I can't find it.

3: The images are stored in data\interface, and have filenames starting with crim_ followed by a 4-digit, consecutive number IIRC (typing this from memory, you would need to check the retail vps for the exact details).
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Don't remember why I put a single file in a VP.. but whatever, here it is.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline wookieejedi

Regarding 2: You remove or replace intro.mve/intro.ogg. I think mjn.mixael once made a "blank" intro file that can be used to override the default, but I can't find it.

3: The images are stored in data\interface, and have filenames starting with crim_ followed by a 4-digit, consecutive number IIRC (typing this from memory, you would need to check the retail vps for the exact details).

2. Thanks.

3. I found them in the retail vp and they are named crim01.pcx, 02 etc. I tried your way "crim_0001" and "crim_01" and "crim01" for my file names (they are also .pcx) and made sure to put in the credits tbl $Start Image Index: 0001 or 01 respectively, but nothing seems to be working as it still shows the original images in the credits. hmmmmm

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
1. The dynamic primary linking command is found under all other weapon-related commands in the options menu, where else?  :)

By default, it is bound to 'O'.  The full name is "Cycle Primary Weapon Firing Rate."
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline wookieejedi

Working now, thanks!

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
For the credits, you have to replace the retail files.. as of now, there is no way to specify using a different filename. They don't have to be .pcx, though. So if you make crim01.png it will be loaded instead of retail's crim01.pcx. $Start Image Index: is for telling it to start at a certain file number instead of a random one. Retail rarely starts cycling through the credits images at the same image. But you can specify a number and FSO will always start there instead. I did this in BtA so that the credits always start with a 'Between The Ashes' title-card.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline wookieejedi

For the credits, you have to replace the retail files.. as of now, there is no way to specify using a different filename. They don't have to be .pcx, though. So if you make crim01.png it will be loaded instead of retail's crim01.pcx. $Start Image Index: is for telling it to start at a certain file number instead of a random one. Retail rarely starts cycling through the credits images at the same image. But you can specify a number and FSO will always start there instead. I did this in BtA so that the credits always start with a 'Between The Ashes' title-card.

That's a bummer, but at least it can still be done. Thanks for the help!