Author Topic: BP Crash upon fresh install  (Read 1982 times)

Offline leoben

BP Crash upon fresh install
Feels like having a de ja vu. Each time I install FS2, mediavps and BP fresh, I can't get it to work. I'm getting the same error as the gentleman in this thread: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=85813.0

bp-shp.tbm(line 222):
Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:], [$Name], or [$Template], found [$Glowpoint overrides: ( "red_glow_10:1,2" )].

ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 12 bytes
KERNELBASE.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_0.exe! <no symbol>

Is BP and BP2 supposed to run with anything else other than 3.6.17? This happens if I use 3.6.18 or 3.7.

I have BP installed, in the correct dir - in FreeSpace2\Blueplanet and Blueplanet2.

I have all media vp files installed in mediavps_3612 folder.

wxlauncher recognizes everything nicely. mediavp mod works, only bp and bp2 doesn't.

Ideas?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: BP Crash upon fresh install
I can make an educated guess that with 3.6.18 / 3.7.0 you're trying to use the normal (i.e. non-BP) builds without the compatibility packages.  Try this build instead. 

If that doesn't work, Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline leoben

Re: BP Crash upon fresh install
Yep, that did it - thanks!