Author Topic: Crash in WiH2 Credits  (Read 915 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
WiH2's new credits (Act 3) crashed on me during the shot where the bomber attacks the Hecate. Judging from the error message (not even a debug build, why do I have that message?), it is probably the end of the mission anyway. And the error message is kind off, well lets say its "  ;)  "

Couldn't open mission 'bp2-blank.fs2'

ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_3_AVX_20151103_0ea25e7.exe! <no symbol>
ntdll.dll! RtlFreeHeap + 126 bytes

In unrelated news, I have just finished my playthrough through the new Act 3 now  :)  Still really good and I love the new training offers in the dreamscape, especially because they foreshadow the next mission and they brilliantly flesh out the characters.

There were a few things I did not get however, like
- the inclusion of both Ken and Lorna Simms as crew selection options during the Kustos Command mission (both not actually selectable). Purpose?
- the deployment bug in the tower defense mission (posted here already http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=90934.0 )
- the credits...     seriously, what is that credits supposed to represent? Choice of music (the first track) is extremely odd and while some of the shots are cool, it lacks any semantic (for me). Not that it needs any but what you fredde right there feels more like a final credits for the series than an intermediate one. And why does Laporte have two voice actors?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Yarn

The campaign file is telling the game to load "bp2-blank.fs2", but no such mission exists; instead, there's one called "bp2-empty.fs2". This is almost certainly what's causing the crash.

And yes, errors appear in all builds, not just debug builds. It's the warnings (the ones that you can continue past by clicking "no") that only appear in debug builds.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178