Archived Boards > Neo Terra Victorious

Neo-Terra Victorious will remain here on HLP!

(1/13) > >>

Mobius:
Hi there... ;)

It's been decided to move NTV to Game-Warden. I'm waiting for a reply to my project hosting request and I really have to say that I have great hopes on this one.

I know this may seem a weird move due to the fact that GW is not as active as HLP, but Game-Warden is a handy site I really want to support by bringing more life to it.

Also, don't forget to check out NTV's profile on ModDB. NTV's website here on HLP is outdated so the mod profile is the only source providing updates regarding the renewed project, such as my choice of making it compatible with Sushi's velocity mod.  :)

Snail:
Maybe now we'll get more cover for Game Warden.

General Battuta:

--- Quote from: Mobius on July 02, 2009, 01:20:46 pm ---It's been decided to move NTV to Game-Warden.
--- End quote ---

Let me translate: you decided, without consulting any of the team members, to move to Game Warden as a result of your personal humiliation on HLP?

--- Quote ---I'm waiting for a reply to my project hosting request and I really have to say that I have great hopes on this one.
--- End quote ---

You mean the PM you sent out with the paragraph of apology and then eleven paragraphs of demands?

Funny how you continue to act like you're something more than a community member.

--- Quote ---I know this may seem a weird move due to the fact that GW is not as active as HLP, but Game-Warden is a handy site I really want to support by bringing more life to it.
--- End quote ---

Doesn't seem weird to me. Since your power grabs have been blocked at every turn on HLP you want to find a more permissive environment.

--- Quote ---Also, don't forget to check out NTV's profile on ModDB. NTV's website here on HLP is outdated so the mod profile is the only source providing updates regarding the renewed project, such as my choice of making it compatible with Sushi's velocity mod.  :)[/color]

--- End quote ---

I thought you made a big deal out of your 'release, then promote' philosophy.

Good luck.

Mobius:

--- Quote from: Snail on July 02, 2009, 01:27:41 pm ---Maybe now we'll get more cover for Game Warden.

--- End quote ---

Of course, that's what I'd like to happen.

Before you ask, the team has been informed about the move. The only team member I haven't heard from is Galemp. Someone might say something like "What? You're moving without informing the project leader?!?" but since he decided to assign the role of leader to me and preferred to assist us as supervisor (I insisted on telling him that he should be more important than me in the hierarchy, though) I thought that informing him would be enough. In any case, I know what I'm doing so GW will be hopefully hosting us. :)

EDIT:

Oh well, looks like Battuta posted before me.

--- Quote from: General Battuta on July 02, 2009, 01:35:11 pm ---Let me translate: you decided, without consulting any of the team members, to move to Game Warden as a result of your personal humiliation on HLP?

--- Quote ---I'm waiting for a reply to my project hosting request and I really have to say that I have great hopes on this one.
--- End quote ---

You mean the PM you sent out with the paragraph of apology and then eleven paragraphs of demands?

Funny how you continue to act like you're something more than a community member.

--- End quote ---

I have been considering GW hosting for a while, so I have to disagree with what you posted there.

About the PM I sent to both the admins and the global moderators: I'm pretty sure I specified that the move is not intended to hurt HLP. It's an act of support towards Game Warden, and that's the only correct interpretation.

--- Quote from: General Battuta on July 02, 2009, 01:35:11 pm ---Doesn't seem weird to me. Since your power grabs have been blocked at every turn on HLP you want to find a more permissive environment.

--- End quote ---

Permissive environment? For what? GW is a moderated site, just like HLP.

--- Quote from: General Battuta on July 02, 2009, 01:35:11 pm ---
--- Quote ---Also, don't forget to check out NTV's profile on ModDB. NTV's website here on HLP is outdated so the mod profile is the only source providing updates regarding the renewed project, such as my choice of making it compatible with Sushi's velocity mod.  :)[/color]

--- End quote ---

I thought you made a big deal out of your 'release, then promote' philosophy.

--- End quote ---

Let me quote the personal message I sent to you:

--- Quote ---Speaking of NTV, the only real advantage of HLP hosting is getting a lot of attention before the release of a mod or campaign. That advantage doesn't even match my philosophy on modding: "Attention comes after the release". I post screenshots and descriptions of my work on ModDB, only, and I've started doing that at encouraging rates only a few days ago. The results are promising and I intend to carry on.
--- End quote ---

As I said, I do that only on ModDB. I may start doing it on GW as well if necessary.

--- Quote from: General Battuta on July 02, 2009, 01:35:11 pm ---Good luck.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  :)

ShadowGorrath:
Moving from HLP to Game-Warden is almost the same as trading an F-22 Raptor for a... Su-24.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version