Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > Modding Tutorials

Tutorial: How to bypass FS's capship damage scaling

<< < (3/5) > >>

Apollo:

--- Quote from: Qent on March 24, 2013, 10:07:31 am ---They are completely separate issues. http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=76608.0 is, I think, what Battuta was referring to, and only applies to non-huge weapons.

--- End quote ---

Oh, that bug.

Should have though of that.

--- Quote ---
--- Quote from: Apollo on March 23, 2013, 10:48:16 pm ---This is significant because it allows small ships to utilize weapons with the "big ship" flag. It can also be used to bypass engine restrictions so that the AI will target fighters with "huge" weapons.

Either of these flags allow a weapon to destroy warships with the "big damage" flag.

--- End quote ---
Either one? I didn't know that.

--- End quote ---

One of the many things I discovered through balance testing.

General Battuta:

--- Quote from: BritishShivans on March 24, 2013, 01:55:27 am ---No, he isn't, there's this annoying bug that pops up sometimes that reduces player damage like he just said

I haven't encountered it much myself but when it does it's actually quite annoying. I haven't encountered various degrees of it: it's not much but it's pretty noticeable when you're trying to kill bombers like the SB Seraphim and SB Nephilims.

--- End quote ---

It's not a bug and I think it's specifically vs. capships.

General Battuta:
Yo Apollo will the capital+ flag achieve the same ends as this trick?

Apollo:

--- Quote from: General Battuta on March 28, 2013, 08:28:45 am ---Yo Apollo will the capital+ flag achieve the same ends as this trick?

--- End quote ---

That flag appears to be broken. The AI will still target fighters with it, and it inflicts very little damage against "big damage" ships (as in, 4 banks with x64 time compression will take a very long time to do any significant damage). This becomes harder and harder the more damaged it is, until it eventually stops at 10 percent hull integrity.

EDIT: Bear in mind that I tested that with a nightly.

General Battuta:

--- Quote from: Apollo on March 28, 2013, 10:46:46 pm ---
--- Quote from: General Battuta on March 28, 2013, 08:28:45 am ---Yo Apollo will the capital+ flag achieve the same ends as this trick?

--- End quote ---

That flag appears to be broken. The AI will still target fighters with it, and it inflicts very little damage against "big damage" ships (as in, 4 banks with x64 time compression will take a very long time to do any significant damage). This becomes harder and harder the more damaged it is, until it eventually stops at 10 percent hull integrity.

EDIT: Bear in mind that I tested that with a nightly.

--- End quote ---

It's purely a targeting flag, it doesn't do anything about damage. But damn, that flag is not supposed to be broken - it was added in to make the Archer in BP2 work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version