Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > The Scroll of Atankharzim

RELEASE: The Scroll of Atankharzim, Part I

<< < (3/79) > >>

Nyctaeus:

--- Quote from: Goober5000 on September 21, 2017, 05:03:23 pm ---I don't see anything wrong with m1_03.
Spoiler:Make sure you have explored every area of the depot.  This phase lasts for about nine minutes, whether or not you manage to target every ship.  And if you didn't get the bonus goal, you didn't target every ship. :p
--- End quote ---
Spoiler:So the message about shivan corvette is appearing no matter what I do? I was thinking it's happening if I get too close to sentry.

Anyway no matter what I do, mission is always a failure at debriefing stage so I cannot progress any further. Debriefing is about invaluable scans, gathering of shivan ships, and preparations for closure of the Knossos. I don't know if this is intended, but currently I have no idea what else should I scan o__O. I also have no idea what I already scanned.

Goober5000:

--- Quote from: Nyctaeus on September 21, 2017, 05:28:25 pm ---Spoiler:So the message about shivan corvette is appearing no matter what I do? I was thinking it's happening if I get too close to sentry.
--- End quote ---

Spoiler:Yes, the corvette appears no matter what.

--- Quote ---Spoiler:Anyway no matter what I do, mission is always a failure at debriefing stage so I cannot progress any further. Debriefing is about invaluable scans, gathering of shivan ships, and preparations for closure of the Knossos. I don't know if this is intended, but currently I have no idea what else should I scan o__O. I also have no idea what I already scanned.
--- End quote ---

Spoiler:Did you read the debriefing recommendation?  You haven't found what you need to change this outcome.

Remember your mission instructions: It's not just about what you scan, but what you target.  Make sure to target all the different types of ship formations you see.  I suspect you didn't target the group of gas miners.

Nyctaeus:

--- Quote from: Goober5000 on September 21, 2017, 06:21:12 pm ---
--- Quote from: Nyctaeus on September 21, 2017, 05:28:25 pm ---Spoiler:So the message about shivan corvette is appearing no matter what I do? I was thinking it's happening if I get too close to sentry.
--- End quote ---

Spoiler:Yes, the corvette appears no matter what.

--- Quote ---Spoiler:Anyway no matter what I do, mission is always a failure at debriefing stage so I cannot progress any further. Debriefing is about invaluable scans, gathering of shivan ships, and preparations for closure of the Knossos. I don't know if this is intended, but currently I have no idea what else should I scan o__O. I also have no idea what I already scanned.
--- End quote ---

Spoiler:Did you read the debriefing recommendation?  You haven't found what you need to change this outcome.

Remember your mission instructions: It's not just about what you scan, but what you target.  Make sure to target all the different types of ship formations you see.  I suspect you didn't target the group of gas miners.
--- End quote ---
Spoiler:I mean target. There is not much scanning in this mission.

I gave up actually. I tried targetting everything in this mission. Outcome is always the same, no matter if I just stand idle for 8 minute on time-compression or circle like crazy between shivan fighters and sentries and target everything. I guess something is wrong with failure conditionals... Or maybe it's just me, being retarded :P. Anyway I ended up doing suicide run 5 times on shivan fighters. This mission has potential, but it's totally not intuitive. Targeted ships should be marked somehow. I dunno, maybe via different IFF color?

M01_04 has little issue. In theory, we're authorised to use Maxim in this mission but it's not listed in loadout, so we can't actually use it. M01_05 was a real challenge, and I managed to save Mentu cruiser with 6% intengrity. It was anyway mentioned as destroyed in the debriefing. I liked this mission a lot.

I went for ISF branch and enjoyed this. S1_01 is awesome. Arachnas assault has the same issue as M01_04, but with... Helios torpedoes. I managed to fulfill this mission with Trebuchet and Stiletto spam, but this issue is actually more serious. Sekhmet without torpedoes? It affects balance of this mission, but it's still passable.

I'm currently stuck in the middle of nebula, scanning shivan ships... And I can't see a damn thing, because the nebula around me is almost white and dazzle me. I checked nebula poof files, and they are much darker in any external soft. I guess it's actually a bloom shader issue.

So far I have strong felling that Scroll is really well made and solid project, but it wasn't tested at all. Missions are well balanced, interesting in terms of gameplay, and seems to be ready from a long time, but campaign file was assembled in hurry and it wasn't properly tested on newest builds. Please, tell me this is not related to this recent apocalypse stuff. While I respect your beliefs no matter what, this situation would be... Actually a little bit ludicrous.

Goober5000:

--- Quote from: Nyctaeus on September 21, 2017, 08:20:57 pm ---Spoiler:I mean target. There is not much scanning in this mission.

I gave up actually. I tried targetting everything in this mission. Outcome is always the same, no matter if I just stand idle for 8 minute on time-compression or circle like crazy between shivan fighters and sentries and target everything. I guess something is wrong with failure conditionals... Or maybe it's just me, being retarded :P. Anyway I ended up doing suicide run 5 times on shivan fighters. This mission has potential, but it's totally not intuitive. Targeted ships should be marked somehow. I dunno, maybe via different IFF color?

M01_04 has little issue. In theory, we're authorised to use Maxim in this mission but it's not listed in loadout, so we can't actually use it. M01_05 was a real challenge, and I managed to save Mentu cruiser with 6% intengrity. It was anyway mentioned as destroyed in the debriefing. I liked this mission a lot.

I went for ISF branch and enjoyed this. S1_01 is awesome. Arachnas assault has the same issue as M01_04, but with... Helios torpedoes. I managed to fulfill this mission with Trebuchet and Stiletto spam, but this issue is actually more serious. Sekhmet without torpedoes? It affects balance of this mission, but it's still passable.

I'm currently stuck in the middle of nebula, scanning shivan ships... And I can't see a damn thing, because the nebula around me is almost white and dazzle me. I checked nebula poof files, and they are much darker in any external soft. I guess it's actually a bloom shader issue.

So far I have strong felling that Scroll is really well made and solid project, but it wasn't tested at all. Missions are well balanced, interesting in terms of gameplay, and seems to be ready from a long time, but campaign file was assembled in hurry and it wasn't properly tested on newest builds. Please, tell me this is not related to this recent apocalypse stuff. While I respect your beliefs no matter what, this situation would be... Actually a little bit ludicrous.
--- End quote ---

Spoiler:I'm certain it's just you.  I tested m1_03 extensively; in fact I spent almost every spare moment in the entire month of June on it.  I tested all possible mission branches, numerous times.  The only missions where we skimped on testing were m2_01 and m2_02, due to the imminent release.

In m1_03, targeted ships are marked by the little scripting popup that says e.g. "Nandi 1 Recorded".  In order to progress to the next phase, you need to 1) target enough of the cargo containers that Zeta 1 identifies the two formations, 2) target enough gas miners that Zeta 1 comments on them, and 3) scan a SAC 3 after Zeta tells you to.

The reason you don't have the Maxim available in m1_04 is that it's granted upon successful completion of m1_03. :p

Glad you liked m1_05, that was also one of my favorites. :)

Macielos also mentioned the dazzlingly white nebula.  I think this is a SCP issue because he said worked fine in 3.7.4.  It also doesn't appear bright for me, so maybe it has something to do with graphics settings.

If it weren't for the apocalypse stuff, you probably wouldn't even be playing Scroll right now, actually. :)  Deadlines have a way of focusing your efforts.

The disallowed Helios is, in fact, a bug.  I will fix this and upload a new root package.  (EDIT: Done.)

General Battuta:

--- Quote from: Goober5000 on September 21, 2017, 05:03:23 pm ---
--- Quote from: General Battuta on September 21, 2017, 04:43:12 pm ---Okay but what's it about
--- End quote ---

Vasudans.

--- End quote ---

That's not a log line

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version