Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Blue Planet

Error Loading Bp2-06

(1/3) > >>

Trivial Psychic:
So I've been replaying BP V1.1.5 under Knossos recently, but while trying to play mission 06 from WIH gives me a "Failure to Load Mission" message.  I loaded up a debug build and it gave me this when it crashed:

Warning: Unable to find 'Turret02' in the ship Bandersnatch (class UEFr Demeter) subsys_list!

I checked the model and found that the Demeter model doesn't in fact have a Turret02 subsystem, rather a Turret02a.

At the same time, I decided to go through all of the ships in the lap using a debug build and got a bunch of error messages.  Some of them pertain to models from the Media VPs, put I'll include them regardless.

Warning: Duplicate docking bay name 'blahblah' found on model 'Base2r-01.pof'!

Warning: Duplicate docking bay name 'front docking bay' found on model 'SuperCap2S-01.pof'!

Warning: Path '$path01' in model UESc_ShenKuo.pof has a name that is not unique!

Warning: Path '$Path01' in model UEC_SanctusMk2.pof has a name that is not unique!

Warning: Path '$path01' in model UEC_Custos.pof has a name that is not unique!

Warning: Couldn't open glowpoint texture 'White512glow' referenced by model 'UEFg_KarunaMK2.pof'

Warning: Path '$Path03' in model UEFg_NarayanaPrefit.pof has a name that is not unique!

Warning: Couldn't open texture 'mrgnnmpt-trans' referenced by model 'UEFg_Murugan.pof'

Warning: Path '$Path12' in model UEC_Custos-X.pof has a name that is not unique!

Warning: Path '$Path18' in model UED_Toutatis.pof has a name that is not unique!

Warning: Path '$Path02' in model UEFr_ChronosMK2.pof has a name that is not unique!

Warning: Couldn't open texture 'chg-capital01-03' referenced by model 'Luna_Dome.pof'

Warning: For ship 'Dakota Hovertank', detail level mismatch. Table has 2, POF has 1.

Warning: Path '$path50' in model GTD_HecateMK2.pof has a name that is not unique!

Warning: Path '$dockpath01' in model GTD_Titan.pof has a name that is not unique!

Warning: For ship 'GTD Erebus#player', detail level mismatch. Table has 4, POF has 2.

Warning: Path '$path01' in model GEF_Wyvern.pof has a name that is not unique!

Warning: Path '$Path12' in model GEF_Morena_MacDuff.pof has a name that is not unique!

I'm guessing that those warnings about the path names are generally inconsequential, but those others could give you trouble.  Any chance an update can fix at least what is causing this mission to fail?

General Battuta:
I'm so tired of maintaining this!!

Asteroth:
Then pin it to a specific build, instead of allowing newer versions. Then you never have to worry about anything breaking ever again (at least those due to changes in FSO).

Trivial Psychic:
I'm gonna poke through the mission file in notepad to see if I can to a simple text fix.

Update: It worked... at least in respect to THAT error message.  I changed the references to turret01 and turret02 to turret01a and turret02a, but then I got hit with another error message.

Warning: Not all subsystems in model "UEI_Ceres-R.pof" have a record in ships.tbl. This can cause game to crash. List of subsystems not found from table is in log file.

I'm comparing the model and the table file, and I've noticed that all of the subsystems, even the un-targettable ones have both a $special=subsystem and a $name=WHATEVER, except the FBDoora subsystem, which only has the $special entry.  I'm gonna try to add a $name entry and see if that works.  It's got an untargettable flag in the table so it shouldn't make any difference.

Update2:

Adding the name didn't prevent that error message from coming up, and I can't find any obvious subsystems for it to complain about.  I did select "continue" to see what else came up, and something event-wise came up with an error.

Warning: Invalid custom HUD gauge.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( has-arrived-delay 0 "Acuity" )
   ( when
      ( true )
      ( hud-gauge-set-active
         "BPTaccom"
         ( true )
      )
      ( hud-gauge-set-active
         "BPTaccomA"
         ( true )
      )
      ( hud-gauge-set-active
         "BPTaccomB"
         ( true )
      )
      ( hud-gauge-set-active
         "BPTaccomC"
         ( true )
      )
      ( hud-gauge-set-active
         "BPTaccomD"
         ( true )
      )
      ( hud-gauge-set-active
         "BPTaccomE"
         ( true )
      )
      ( hud-set-text
         "BPTaccomA"
[...]
(Error appears to be: BPTaccomE)

Any guesses as to THAT one?

Update3:

Solutions have been reached.  The mission now loads without complaints, even under debug.

General Battuta:
What were the solutions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version