Author Topic: BP is still alive?  (Read 2700 times)

BP is still alive?
I've been playing BP since last year's June and enjoying all of its content, even had to suffer with WIH 2 without VA which its okay but i wonder, is BP still alive? with plans for VA? or even another chapter?

any ideas when war in heaven 2 came out? i remember seeing it available since first time ive played BP in last year, maybe they're taking a break? or just decided to leave the game be story-wise and just update it for bugs fix

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
To put it short:
Development is basically dead, short of maintenance.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

is there maybe any chance that in a future it may resume development?

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
Incredibly minuscule. I wouldn't count on it.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

There is however, a written draft to end the story: The names are a little different, but I think you can pick up who is who. This was the rough draft finale of WiH: Act 5. Enjoy the read.

https://clarkesworldmagazine.com/dickinson_12_15/

Offline starlord

That would be such a huge shame, as the project is beyond words.

Hopefully it’s only temporary: with Covid and burnout as it is, I’m guessing people need some distance away from games, sometimes.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Sad as it may be, it (much like FS2 not having any officially released closure) opens it up to the community to put their own fan campaigns forward?

Have you considered putting pen to paper, or ships to FRED and making a fan mission where earth is bombed or Steele is kicked out?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline starlord

Isn’t this what is currently done with a review campaign?

I’ve personally always heard that the devs just took a step back due to Fred and inspiration burnout. I recall bomber mechanics in game were one of the key reasons for that.

Again, hopefully work resumes on this one at some point.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I think two released chapters of Solaris proves, that Darius is looking to pour his creative juices elsewhere and the theme he set in BP is no longer that attractive to him. I've been here before, just like many other modmakers. Even without his team, Darius would be able to continue working on BP alone [just like he developed AoA], but if he wants to pursue other goals, I wish him all da best in his endeavours.

Also Solaris is ****ing gooooood :yes:.

The Age of BP... Of Aquarius is over. Time to move along. As far as I know, ETP agreed to maintain BP for the times to come, so achievements of BP team should be still accesible in the future... Enhanced by flashiness of Warmachine.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Very weird of you to be making declarations like this on behalf of a team you're not part of about the intentions of other people, frankly.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
The Age of BP... Of Aquarius is over. Time to move along. As far as I know, ETP agreed to maintain BP for the times to come, so achievements of BP team should be still accesible in the future... Enhanced by flashiness of Warmachine.

For the record, despite a BP badge appearing on my forum profile my involvement with maintaining BP mainly consists of me reporting bugs that break Warmachine and poking Matth. Other then telling people axem's probox script broke I did essentially nothing in the recent update. That was all Matth with help from multiple members of the BP team, including Darius, who I know was excited about some of the work that went into this update.
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
BP is essentially on deep hibernation. There is a slight sliver of hope that one day, there will be new BP, but neither I nor anyone else on the team can honestly say when that will happen.

But it is not dead. For all of us, BP is a labour of love, a point of deep and lasting pride, and a cornerstone of the relationships we made while making it. Speaking for myself only, I count the members of the BP team as some of the longest, truest friendships I have ever made. I cannot watch Icarus without having deep emotions, despite how cheesy the music choices are. The discussions that take place here, or on discord, or even in real life for some of us, where we meet someone random who by the purest of chances happened to play this silly little fanfic of ours and who took enjoyment and long-lasting fascination from it are some of the most rewarding interactions we have.

BP is asleep. It may wake up one day, unforeseen and sudden. It may not. But as long as there are people enjoying it, it is not dead.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
BP is asleep. It may wake up one day, unforeseen and sudden. It may not. But as long as there are people enjoying it, it is not dead.

quoted for truth
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline starlord

That’s much more reassuring. Good to know. I hope we hear from the team and battuta soon. In the meantime, many thanks for delivering that benchmark breaker that is BP.

Hopefully we can welcome more BP related content with the tev campaign in the meantime.

I'm surprised how much attention this little thread gave to me, i just wanted a simple answer but instead i got to read multiple things and im happy, i dont know much bout the ppl who made BP i just know that I love it and its one of the main reasons why I was so interested in FSO mods and the whole Freespace Open world thanks to BP im here enjoying every bit of everything i really wish one day BP wakes up and brings us another chapter for us to enjoy

It has a special place for us FS2 fans. BP was a fan campaign that equaled or exceeded some professional development teams. I mostly play other games these days, but I still try to come by every few months and see what the community is doing. So you're hardly alone on that front.

The story is very "Expanse"-y, but if you like BP, definitely give the Solaris mod a try.

i was playing solaris and BP at the same time :p