Hosted Projects - Standalone > Fate of the Galaxy

Could this be the year?

<< < (8/8)

chief1983:
As I said, we haven't had a chance to do much testing since the GGX lighting changes and some other fixes went in, as I just updated our internal builds that we use this morning.  So we won't know if the assets even need updating until we start using the new builds and try some experiments with the lighting settings to see if we can get it to look like we want.

zookeeper:
The vastly most likely option is that we don't use the PBR capabilities as such, but simply keep using the old-style assets and, if necessary, tweak the lighting values accordingly to produce the kind of look we want. We're not going for a strictly photorealistic aesthetic anyway, so the old-style assets are still perfectly good, we might only need to make sure the shaders treat them right.

Tnadz:
I wish I had chops enough to even help grind through some of that coding stuff.  I feel bad not being able to help more on a project that's got so much love.  Keep on, gents.

wookieejedi:

--- Quote from: Tnadz on February 28, 2018, 04:26:11 pm ---I wish I had chops enough to even help grind through some of that coding stuff.  I feel bad not being able to help more on a project that's got so much love.  Keep on, gents.

--- End quote ---

Thanks we appreciate the positive encouragement!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version