Author Topic: 3D-Printed Mini Ship Models!  (Read 66148 times)

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Re: 3D-Printed Mini Ship Models!
Do you mean like:
1. export dae in pof
2. import dae in blender
3. export whatever you like?
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

I mean export POF model files into another format, ideally DAE, OBJ or STL, so I can have a few choice favorites for myself. Not looking to market them... unless there's a market for such things.
Stardust, the Sword of Vengeance[A starship combat addict]

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
    • Steam
I mean export POF model files into another format, ideally DAE, OBJ or STL
Do you mean like:
1. export dae in pof pofcs
2. import dae in blender

Or am I actually reading you wrong?

I mean export POF model files into another format, ideally DAE, OBJ or STL
Do you mean like:
1. export dae in pof pofcs
2. import dae in blender

Or am I actually reading you wrong?

Wow. That's it. But when I go to my PCS install, the only option I have in the drop down is for POF. Am i missing an addon?

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
    • Steam

Well, paint me in chocolate. Not sure what I was missing, but that did it.

Offline vector

Hey guys! I apologize for the necropost, but I have been lurking on this forum for a long time now and I wanted to ask for some help related to this topic. I recently got a 3D printer, and I have been interested in printing some FreeSpace models in my free time. I already printed the Orion model (I don't have any pictures unfortunately), and I attempted to print the Lucifer, though it was unsuccessful so far. I really want to print more models, but unfortunately I don't have FreeSpace installed on my computer. I was hoping some of you guys might be able to help out by uploading .stl or .obj files that I could print. I also know that the model files are .pof, so I have no idea how to convert that to something my printer can recognize, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hey Vector, if you reread the last couple pages' worth of posts, you should find everything you need. It worked for me... and I was able to (eventually and through a bit of a roundabout process) export a handful of ships to a format a 3D printer can use. Only tried with the GTD Sirona so far, and the result was beautiful. Smaller than I was expecting though, but that's cuz I suck at visualizing size. Don't have pics though, but I do have the model ship itself. Just haven't painted it yet, but it's still packed in a box until I can get a display shelf to put it on. THEN there will be pics!