Author Topic: Prologue Released!  (Read 183707 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
1. Then will be realized next part of WCS?

We do not know yet.

2. Whether there will be medals and new ranks?

Medals: I think so.
Ranks: I do not think so :)

P.S. Sorry for my English, I don’t now this language so good. I am also use electronic translator…
[/quote]
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

You wish to tell, what the 2nd Lt. David “Sandman” Markham remains the second lieutenant up to the end of game?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 03:02:42 pm by Kamikadze »
P.S. Sorry for my English, I don’t now this language so good. I am also use electronic translator…

Misters - smile! The clever face still not an attribute of mind...

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga

Sorry, my mistake. He will be promoted once :)

You wish to tell, what the 2nd Lt. David “Sandman” Markham remains the second lieutenant up to the end of game?

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Sorry, my mistake. He will be promoted once :)

Super! I shall wait a following series! I unfortunately not the programmer and not the expert in computers, but can I help the project?

Misters - smile! The clever face still not an attribute of mind...

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
// new download mirror added

-WC Saga's beta tester

Please try different options in the launcher, especially Force0 and Force1. It should help.

Argh, the solution was under my nose and I didn't see it.

It now works properly, thanks! :D

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
@ Ghostrider & Gargoyle................................

:welcome:

{Insert you favourite welcome speech here} ;)

Well someone had to do it.......................... :p
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
argh... beem free! *ducks for cover*

-WC Saga's beta tester

I've done the first few missions (just did the one where you go hunting for the weird signals) and it's been a blast so far. So much faster and intense then normal Freespace. It's great to see all the Confed and Kat ships in new high detail glory. The fiction is also very well done and I've been enjoying reading that possibly more then the game itself.  ;)

The prologue is excellent and if the full SAGA game is anything like this then it's going to be one hell of a ride. I can see where all the work has gone now, I had no idea you were doing/had implemented half the stuff you had.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
The prologue is excellent and if the full SAGA game is anything like this then it's going to be one hell of a ride.

The missions themself will be far more intense because we will no longer need to include training messages, which disturb the gameflow. We felt, however, that they are necessary to introduce the game to players, who sofar had little experience with either Freespace or Wing Commander.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Cirdec_aka_Ace

• Veteran pilot
Hello everybody,

I've been a (french) virtual pilot for years now, and I must admit that Freespace has always been one of my fav. Currently, I'm leading an XWing Alliance squad, and I'm on the verge to launch a french speaking squad for the Freespace Battlestar mod.
And this said, your work is nothing more but impressive ! You've earned my congratulations (even if they aren't that worth on the market ^^).
Keep up the good job. I've just finished the prologue and I'm looking forward to the entire game. The SCP and the ones who use it well, as you, are just gold mines for the international freedom and pleasure of gaming.

See you in space !

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
WOW, WOW, WOW

I've played the first three missions and all I can say is congratulations. Not only it is an ULTRA-HIGH quality built mod, but it actually feels a complete different game from FS2.

I mean, in all the mods I've played till now, (even the very good ones as Derelict), you are basically playing new missions with new ships, but the gameplay is quite the same over and over again. But you have achieved a dramatically changed gameplay so, for FS2 players, the game difficulty is quite hard at the beginning, (we have to learn how to fly  :eek2:  :D  :eek: ):
+ Cap's lasers are really fast and accurate.
+ There are less missiles, but they are DEADLY antifighter weapons. (Once for all, you DO really need countermeasures).

On the other hand I've played the game with and without -wcsaga flag and I think it is quite useless. Maybe it makes the game looks more like the original game, (I haven't played it), but:
+ In briefing screen I feel you could delete "-class" from all ship names and you'll get the same behaviour. (It's quite a cosmetic feature).
+ Hiding wing names for enemies is useless because:
- Sometimes, when they die, you get a message showing their individual name.
- Through F3 multitarget window, you can know every ship name and wing.
- Wing names could be generated through our friendly computers. They are helpful and  they don't have to be the actual 'enemy names', they're just the names you have assigned to foes. So why aren't you going to know them?

WHEN ARE YOU RELEASING THE FULL MOD? (Please tell me it was yesterday ...)
Just joking, spend the time you need to get an even better product.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga

join us and it will happen rather sooner than later :D

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis

join us and it will happen rather sooner than later :D

I feel I'm not reliable at all. But I can try helping as beta-tester (I know a little about FRED, a little about tables, a little about pofs..., so I know nothing about anything serious  :confused:).

EDITED ------

OTOH. I've just taken a look to your fireball.tbl

Code: [Select]
; fireball.tbl
;
; Table file for specifying which filenames are to be used for which explosions
;
;
#Start

$Name: exp04 ; Used for the 4 little explosions before a ship explodes
$LOD: 1

$Name: WarpMap01 ; Used for the warp in / warp out effect

$Name: WarpMap01 ; Used for the KNOSSOS warp in / warp out effect

$Name: exp05 ; Used when an asteroid explodes
$LOD: 4

$Name: exp05 ; ship explosion 1

$Name: exp06 ; ship explosion 2

#End

I haven't tested ingame, but why don't you use LOD 1 for all the explosions? With the actual table, you can get low-res explosions. Look at this thread.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 03:20:46 pm by ARSPR »
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
On the other hand I've played the game with and without -wcsaga flag and I think it is quite useless.

looking into the code the wcsaga flag does a few minor things, for one it make everyone who dies scream, not just your buddies, they... remove'class' from the name of everything in a closeup zoom in a breifing... oh, you already knew about that and the hiding of bad guy names. ok, well it allows bad guys to scream when dieing, and more often.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 03:54:11 pm by Bobboau »
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
oh, it automaticaly installs OAL, nice!
do we do that?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Wavey

A very BIG thanks guys you have made me very happy :D
Loved the comms chat with the pirates :)

On the other hand I've played the game with and without -wcsaga flag and I think it is quite useless.

looking into the code the wcsaga flag does a few minor things, for one it make everyone who dies scream, not just your buddies, they... remove'class' from the name of everything in a closeup zoom in a breifing... oh, you already knew about that and the hiding of bad guy names. ok, well it allows bad guys to scream when dieing, and more often.

I've really enjoyed the whole enemy taunts and death screams and such. Nice little touch there.

edit: speaking of nice little touches - all the interior stuff modelled on the carrier flight deck is very nice too, including the stairs and windows and parked fighters and such.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 07:48:41 pm by Azrael15 »

I like being able to land on the carrier---just like the good ol' days!

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
EDITED ------

OTOH. I've just taken a look to your fireball.tbl

I haven't tested ingame, but why don't you use LOD 1 for all the explosions? With the actual table, you can get low-res explosions. Look at this thread.

We are still using ANI explosions. I would have thought, that using Lod1 only will have a performance impact on older computers.

-WC Saga's beta tester