Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 118010 times)

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
so what were the free DLCs?  i didn't see any on the website, and as near as i can tell the cerberus network thing didn't actually get me anything extra.  was it something that might have installed quietly and was something like those alternate appearance packs?
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
IIRC the PS3 version came with all the DLCs included

Except for Arrival.

Still, I believe (or rather, hope) that they'll release an Ultimate Edition for the other platforms as well.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
so what were the free DLCs?  i didn't see any on the website, and as near as i can tell the cerberus network thing didn't actually get me anything extra.  was it something that might have installed quietly and was something like those alternate appearance packs?

Zaeed was free, the Normandy Crash Site was free, iirc there was other stuff.

Firewalker was the last free thing, IIRC.

On that note, after the Hammerhead, who misses the Mako?

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Success!!!!

It was the damn D-pad, which led me to screaming DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! at my television like a raving rabbid over how import challenged I had been.  In a way it was good since it forced my to play my girl through twice so she was a Level 59 for import.  PsychoLandlord I am much obliged to you and your friend. 

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Aw, you should've stuck it out till 60. Kinda fun being overpowered up until Illium. And you're very welcome.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
On that note, after the Hammerhead, who misses the Mako?

Hi. I wouldn't mind the Hammerhead so much if it didn't explode when sneezed on.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Thats exactly my problem. The Mako could be a pain to drive, but at least it was built like a goddamn IFV. First time I took the Hammerhead into combat I tried to tank shock some Geth infantry and got killed by small arms fire in a second flat. I was dumbfounded.

Plus, it lacks a coaxial machine gun for precision work. That saddened me greatly.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Aw, you should've stuck it out till 60. Kinda fun being overpowered up until Illium. And you're very welcome.

Play it on Hardcore or Insane.  Overpowered until Illium, my ass :P
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Thats exactly my problem. The Mako could be a pain to drive, but at least it was built like a goddamn IFV. First time I took the Hammerhead into combat I tried to tank shock some Geth infantry and got killed by small arms fire in a second flat. I was dumbfounded.

Plus, it lacks a coaxial machine gun for precision work. That saddened me greatly.

Meh.  Park out of range below elevation, use boost to pop up to spot enemies, unload seeking missiles, wash, rinse, repeat.  I never got killed in it, though there was some need to drop back behind cover when engaging the pop-up auto-turrets.

The only thing I liked less about the Hammerhead sequences was the lack of a save function while you were in it, even out of combat.  I in no way missed the Mako.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Sure, once you realize its meant to operate as a fast Skirmisher, you do fine in it. But it's listed as an IFV in the Codex entry, so I drove it like an IFV. And paper thin armor and a lack of dedicated anti-infantry weaponry does not an IFV make.

Now, if they had just called it an LAV it wouldn't be complaining. (Though I would still miss the Mako. I had a soft spot for it.)

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Bah... Decided for once to have some fun in the ME2 by tossing enemies around and chose Adept as the class. Then decided soon after that it would be so cool to get the Geth Pulse Rifle... So off i went and switched difficulty to hardcore. With freaking adept. And then managed to get the damn gun. And found out it was worthless PoS. Yay... And then went on and finished the game on hardcore with adept just fer the kicks.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Bah... Decided for once to have some fun in the ME2 by tossing enemies around and chose Adept as the class. Then decided soon after that it would be so cool to get the Geth Pulse Rifle... So off i went and switched difficulty to hardcore. With freaking adept. And then managed to get the damn gun. And found out it was worthless PoS. Yay... And then went on and finished the game on hardcore with adept just fer the kicks.

Now, lets be fair to the Pulse Rifle. It's accurate as all hell, and up until the Mattock became available it was the best AR you could give your squadmates, IMO.

Beyond that, I wasn't too taken with it, though. And once the Mattock showed up it was rendered moot.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Mako = fun. AT least for me.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Mako = fun. AT least for me.

Glad someone else liked it. I actually enjoyed the groundside component of the first game. Hell of a lot better than probing.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Meh.  Park out of range below elevation, use boost to pop up to spot enemies, unload seeking missiles, wash, rinse, repeat.  I never got killed in it, though there was some need to drop back behind cover when engaging the pop-up auto-turrets.

The only thing I liked less about the Hammerhead sequences was the lack of a save function while you were in it, even out of combat.  I in no way missed the Mako.
Exactly why I hated the Hammerhead, because I thought it was boring how you to sit back and hold down the trigger button, it got old for me fast, which is why I preferred the Mako.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 05:38:28 pm by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

While this sounds reasonable, it's still an armored vehicle that can be definitively killed by small arms and weapons that are not anti-vehicle in nature. This is, simply put, unacceptable.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
New Screen shots!

NEW form of Husk there, looking pretty pissed off!

BioWare has released a small batch of screenshots from Mass Effect 3 - the third, and what is believed to be the final, chapter in Commander Shepard's story.

The screens include a few of the Game Informer shots that can also be currently be found in dodgy scan form online. They provide a good look at the Cerberus soldiers, which seem to be on the hunt for Shepard after the events of the previous Mass Effect.  Also pictured is Liara, who can be seen fighting Cerberus forces alongside the good Commander and Captain Anderson, who looks like he's enjoying an afternoon of staring out of a large window.  BioWare co-founder Dr. Greg Zeschuk has said the studio is "already been thinking about" the future of the Mass Effect series.

That screenshot with ther cerberus soldier with the baton, makes me wonder if we might get a better form of Melee combat in the game, which i think would be awesome to have some proper melee. Also those screenshots look awesome i really want to get my hands on the game!!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:25:09 am by starbug »
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
DAYUM.

Force Batons and Krogan  Husks. Goddammit.

Needs to be December.