Author Topic: some bugfixes for the coop campaign  (Read 3987 times)

some bugfixes for the coop campaign
Hello everyone,

I don't know if someone already made it, but I didn't find that anywhere so I decided to fix some bugs in the original coop campaign, and to put it on this website for those who are interested.
Here is the list of the bugfixes :
- in mission Loop1-2, player 2 won't stay in the enemy side anymore.
- in mission SM1-05, I removed an asteroid field causing collisions to the Trinity and destroying it at the beginning of the mission, causing a loss everytime;
- in mission SM1-06, the condition to activate some events (is-ship-visible) was unusable for multiplayer, and so events never went true. So I replaced the condition to activate them (and at the right time of course);
- at the beginning of the second part of the original campaign (SM3-05), only rockeyes, tempest missiles and subach guns were available, so I added the other.

New version available (29/08/14)

Here's what is new :
- now treason missions (Loop1-2 and Loop1-3) will be fully playable up to 4 players (there were apparently problems with players 3 and 4 staying with the NTF...), and only humain players will be traitors : if a wingman is not human, he will follow the NTF...

So here is the link of the file : http://www.mediafire.com/download/8erxjl6lv74bxp3/Coop-missions_v1.2.zip
You simply have to download it, then extract to C...\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\data\missions or in ..\Mediavps_2014\data\missions depending on your version of Mediavps.
I hope it will be usefull for some people.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 04:33:47 pm by Achille44 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: some bugfixes for the coop campaign
You don't have to do that. Putting the mission files in Freespace2\mediavps_3612\data\missions would have the same effect.

Leave packaging the media VPs to the team behind the media VPs please. Otherwise if a user of your version develops a problem, people might simply think they have a corrupt VP file when the file sizes, etc are different.

Anyway, now that I've got the complaining out of the way. I'd just like to say excellent work! :yes:
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Putting the mission files in Freespace2\mediavps_3612\data\missions would have the same effect.

Thanks, I didn't know that, I'm changing it right now.

Offline Al-Rik

Hello everyone,

I don't know if someone already made it, but I didn't find that anywhere so I decided to fix some bugs in the original coop campaign, and to put it on this website for those who are interested.
Hey thanx !

I usually host a multiplayer server with coop at every Lan-Party I go, and I always find some players for Coop.
I never played the nebula mission, so I never noticed that this mission is buggy.

Offline nawoa

Could these fixes please be added to official distribution?

I've just put a new version of the pack (see the first post)

Offline Hellzed

Are these fixes included in Media VPs 2014 beta ?

no, it's an unofficial patch

Offline Hellzed

It would be awesome as an official patch...