Author Topic: Installing Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius  (Read 2708 times)

Installing Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius
Hi all,

I am pretty new to this, and I have been play the Freespace games for a long time. I NEED help in installing the Blue Planet game. I am not how to proceed even thought I read instructions.

I have Freespace 2 through Steam, and I downloaded the BluePlanet folder that contains the data. The instructions say to open the launcher, and in the  MOD tab select blue planet:

After downloading
Open your FreeSpace 2 Launcher (usually launcher.exe), go to MOD tab and select blueplanet as your mod. Open Features tab and select Gameplay as list type. Make sure you have enabled "Use models for ship selection" and "Use models for weapons selection". Then launch the game.
It is strongly recommended to create a new pilot to play BP: AoA Director's Cut. Seriously, do this and save yourself from unnecessary trouble.
We recommend setting music volume to 2/3rds and voice volume to full in Options (F2). Please visit the Techroom to read new Intelligence entries and credits!
Once in-game, in Campaign menu select Blue Planet - Age of Aquarius, click Select button and finally click Continue to start the campaign.

source: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=68213.0

The problem is...I don't have a MOD tab visible on the launcher. Much help is needed...even step by step. Thank you!

Ra

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Installing Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius
If you're using "Launcher.exe" (which says FS2 Open Launcher 5.5g in the title bar) then the MOD tab is second from the right in the 2nd row of tabs.  Before you select that tab though, use the "Browse" button (top right) to select the directory that you installed Freespace2 into (and you also copied the AoA mod folder into, and you downloaded the Freespace Open executable into).

Having said that, I'd recommend you get the recent BPComplete release instead of the AoA Directors cut.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=90802.0

Also, it's simpler if you use the FSO installer (note; requires Java) which is linked to in the thread above.  The steps are basically:

1) Install Freespace2 (which you've already done from Steam)
2) Use the Installer to install BPComplete into the Freespace2 install directory
3) Download a recent nightly FreespaceOpen build and extract into the Freespace2 install directory
4) Select the install directory and downloaded build using the launcher

Hope this helps
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...