Author Topic: OK I notice the 'manual install' thread but...  (Read 1462 times)

Offline NickM

OK I notice the 'manual install' thread but...
Isn't there any way to install the latest greatest FS2 Open build automatically? I have the GOG FS2 & have tried to 'do it manually' a few times but I always come up failed so I have uninstalled everything. I have the FS2 waiting to be reinstalled.

Any clues, gang?

Remember I am very technically NOT adept.

TIA

NM

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: OK I notice the 'manual install' thread but...
The FSOpen Installer is your friend!  Just download and run the installer (it's a Java program, so you need to install that first if you don't have it already), and you'll be able to grab the latest builds, the MediaVPs, and a selection of the most popular mods.  You'll be presented with a list of download options, so just pick what you want and then let the installer do its thing.  If you have any questions about what to pick, just ask!

Random side note: your thread made me realize that the stickies in here are in dire need of an overhaul.  We have three separate threads with manual install instructions taking up space up there, yet nothing at all that mentions the Installer.  Guess I know what I'm doing today!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: OK I notice the 'manual install' thread but...
Random side note: your thread made me realize that the stickies in here are in dire need of an overhaul.  We have three separate threads with manual install instructions taking up space up there, yet nothing at all that mentions the Installer.  Guess I know what I'm doing today!
  :yes:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them