Author Topic: Asset Release: Battlestar Head-Ani-Pack 1  (Read 2281 times)

Asset Release: Battlestar Head-Ani-Pack 1
Just a frakking pack of frakking Head-Anis I made.

2 male Viper pilots, 2 female Viper pilots, 2 Cylon Centurion pilots.

Next Pack will include some "Command-Anis".

Preview:

Download: https://sectorgame.com/fsfiles/download/dXBsb2Fkcy9Nb2RpZmljYXRpb25zL01pc2NlbGxhbmVvdXMvQmF0dGxlc3RhckhlYWRBbmlQYWNrMS56aXA=/h/272ae13264e3312382d9bca91be32244

Re: Asset Release: Battlestar Head-Ani-Pack 1
Very Cool :yes: :yes:

BTW, you can use lossless formats like PNG (or APNG) for that instead of the old ani format.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Those "death"-versions are so 1978  :yes:

Also, always had a thing for the '78 helmets. Just nice design.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

@Nightmare: PNG-Pics in a Head-Ani?

Sometimes I feel like the "very old Buck Rogers in the 25th Century of Freespace-Modding" with all the newer stuff.  :lol:

Yep, just take a look here: https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/Multimedia_Files#EFF
The files are named the same way as you need to have them for ANIbuilder (HudAnim_0000 and so on), tied into an EFF.

Code: [Select]
$Type: PNG
$Frames: 5
$FPS: 1

You can also use APNG format as seen below in the wiki article, but I haven't managed to get it working myself (though others did).

I will stick to the Ani-Format for a while, but I will try the ".eff"-method too.
Does the HUD not need this "15 shades of grey"-palette anymore?

For HeadAnims, no - WoD and JAD have beautiful colore headanims; for everything else - dunno, might end up looking strange if you try.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Cool stuff :yes: I'm still chipping away at my own little BSG mod and head ANIs is something I can't really do myself, so thanks for sharing :)
I could totally use more of these and some command style heads as well.

As for formats, the palette-limited ANIs fit the 1978 analogue electronics style pretty well IMO, especially with the green tint of the default HUD.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 02:45:23 pm by Col. Fishguts »
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Just stay tuned, Col. Fishguts.

Next pack will provide you some "Colonial Command-Anis" for use in your mod.

I also reworked the Pilot-Anis a bit. I have been an idiot and came up to late with the idea to "gimp" the real cockpit-frame of my kitbash-Vipers for the "Backgroundpic" :lol:

« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 02:49:11 pm by FredFrost »

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
That's a neat idea with the cockpit.
I would suggest making cockpit/framing a bit darker. Right now those background elements are better visible than the face/helmet.
I think it would look better if the face/helmet is the brightest part of the image, with the background layer being around half the brightness that it is now.

Something like this

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea