Author Topic: [WIP] Rekt Galaxies  (Read 18193 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
nice :yes:
This is advanced modding.
Thank you all :)

In the next few days, I'm going to create a ModDB page about it.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
*looks around*

Knossos basically already does support episodic campaigns, as long as they can be in the same mod, you can have many missions and campaigns within them.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Thanks for the heads-up.

Even though that mission is far from finished, I've played the first part. The thing I enjoyed is the dogfight with the man-made airship (I've got the reference pictures of the Jenny Haniver airship from Nick Keller and I'll begin modelling momentarily. This is something that it requires both PhysX and COLLADA support, though I am using POF as a temporary placeholder).

The result I intended is a Battle of Exegol-style battle in Earth's atmosphere.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Everyone, the ModDB page for the mod has went up. Check it out.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Are you going to make a banner for this too?

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Yes.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Yes.

Is it going to be NSFW?

just to be sure

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Yes.

Is it going to be NSFW?

just to be sure
Probably. With a lot of foul language. So, I decided that the game intro will say: "Due to the graphic nature of this game, player/pilot discretion is advised."

Plus, the ModDB page has been updated. The news post, "The Inaugural Update" has been un-archived.

I am very sure General Battuta, Nyctaeus and others will be pleased.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Probably. With a lot of foul language. So, I decided that the game intro will say: "Due to the graphic nature of this game, player/pilot discretion is advised."

Did you write the dialogs in the same style you used for Shattered Stars?

Offline spart_n

• I am the labeller of CringeTM and KinoTM
    • Steam

personally i hope it's as good as Lost in the Mist. the dialogue used there was superb.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter

I wrote them much better than that.

personally i hope it's as good as Lost in the Mist. the dialogue used there was superb.

That's what I am striving for.

Plus, I've been toying with the idea/possibility of a Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion mod that takes place in the same timeline as Rekt Galaxies and the same universe as the Mortal Engines movie, called "Sins of the Rekt Galaxies." That will only come sometime after the release of either Episode 1 or Episode 2.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

But I liked the dialog regarding the Brahman council, in terms of pure entertainment that part was better than BP!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
This is something that it requires both PhysX and COLLADA support, though I am using POF as a temporary placeholder).

Will the calculations use Tait-Bryan angles?

So now this idea is actually a project and never remained to be an idea.
So what happened to Shattered Stars? Is that ever gonna be finished? its well over 1 GB, and the game got lots of hate, cuz:
1) There were so many "updates" which could be done by just creating a changelog flie and could be uploaded OR could have 1 post right after the campaign details to keep the changelogs and the forums tidy
2) There was no solid gameplay, and most of the sarcasm that you have received, you take it as a compliment, and in-turn, when you do it that way, the mod is worse and ppl troll you more
3) Your obsession about the mortal engines idea is not really possible. If you were doing the same with FS2 timeline, yes, create a new timeline which is imaginary, yes. BUT trying to make a mortal engine continuity is just a mega project, i dont think a single person will buy it with your "many barks but no bite" type of untested releases.
4) If you perfect something small, think about all the possible ideas and views about how people may respond. Rather than trying to justify each action of yours will brew more hate and more opinions of you as a joke.

IF you are gonna look inwards, change and tell that "Yes, i need to somewhat listen to what people say, with an open mind," you can possibly make a really good campaigns

Your ideas are cool, but you need to properly convey them in the form of missions/campaigns.

I'm just saying this as a friend and i hope that you do not take it in the wrong way.

EDIT 1: And yes, PhysX is mostly for games that require a quick calculation for small objects like long hair in a breeze, and stuffs using like glass breaking and the shards scattering on floor, etc.
There is no requirement to implement the PhysX stuffs into FS engine. So please stopped being obsessed about the stuffs. The core FSO guys are gonna think and implement that
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 03:09:17 am by Rogue Assassin04 »
Requiescat in pace

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
So now this idea is actually a project and never remained to be an idea.
So what happened to Shattered Stars? Is that ever gonna be finished? its well over 1 GB, and the game got lots of hate, cuz:
1) There were so many "updates" which could be done by just creating a changelog flie and could be uploaded OR could have 1 post right after the campaign details to keep the changelogs and the forums tidy
2) There was no solid gameplay, and most of the sarcasm that you have received, you take it as a compliment, and in-turn, when you do it that way, the mod is worse and ppl troll you more
3) Your obsession about the mortal engines idea is not really possible. If you were doing the same with FS2 timeline, yes, create a new timeline which is imaginary, yes. BUT trying to make a mortal engine continuity is just a mega project, i dont think a single person will buy it with your "many barks but no bite" type of untested releases.
4) If you perfect something small, think about all the possible ideas and views about how people may respond. Rather than trying to justify each action of yours will brew more hate and more opinions of you as a joke.

IF you are gonna look inwards, change and tell that "Yes, i need to somewhat listen to what people say, with an open mind," you can possibly make a really good campaigns

Your ideas are cool, but you need to properly convey them in the form of missions/campaigns.

I'm just saying this as a friend and i hope that you do not take it in the wrong way.

EDIT 1: And yes, PhysX is mostly for games that require a quick calculation for small objects like long hair in a breeze, and stuffs using like glass breaking and the shards scattering on floor, etc.
There is no requirement to implement the PhysX stuffs into FS engine. So please stopped being obsessed about the stuffs. The core FSO guys are gonna think and implement that

Shattered Stars has become a terrifying prospect, so I decided to undertake a low stakes project such as this. I remained coy whether that will bridge into a VR-based Shattered Stars, but I think it's possible, with Half-Life: Alyx causes high demand for VR headsets such as Valve Index and the HTC Vive. And I have to agree with you, but I think there is one shortcoming on the Knossos launcher. Everytime a user changes computers, Knossos will have to fetch from server to that newly switched computer.

If the core FSO guys are gonna think and implement PhysX, why don't they implement COLLADA?

And I wanted to make an update.

As 2019 draws to a close, ushering into the new year, I would like to give you an update. I've been posted a feature about the factions that is going to be featured in this mod.

The player faction is the Ancient-Vasudan Hegemony of Galactic Rim Worlds (AVHGRM), also known as the Ancient-Vasudan Galactic Rim Worlds (AVGRW), Galactic Rim Worlds (GRW), Ancient-Vasudan Hegemony (AVH), or simply the Hegemony. While the Ancients and Vasudans are identical to the ones in FreeSpace, there are differences yet to be revealed.

Given the episodic nature of Rekt Galaxies, the enemy faction of Episode 1 at the moment is the Cylon Empire, a power ruled by the Cylons, a cybernetic and robotic race that is previously known by the Hegemony as the Unknown Intellectual Mechanized Species. Potential enemy factions that may appear in future episodes include the Combine/Universal Union from Half-Life 2 and the Shivans.

Plus, an IMDB entry on the game is published.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

If the core FSO guys are gonna think and implement PhysX, why don't they implement COLLADA?

But these lazy FSO weirdos haven't even implemented Vulkan-based rendering or geomod yet. At the rate they keep going, they'll never get anything done.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter

But these lazy FSO weirdos haven't even implemented Vulkan-based rendering or geomod yet. At the rate they keep going, they'll never get anything done.

I'll see if I can do to help them. I know this takes time, but I'll try.

EDIT: I do not want to be bombastic. I want to be humble. But I don't want to end up greedy, or worse, like men such as Gabe Newell, Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Jair Bolsonaro, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, and Benjamin Netanyahu to name a few.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 08:58:01 pm by Bryan See »

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I do not want to be bombastic. I want to be humble.

Than just stick to messing around with modding FSO instead of breaking the engine.

I do not want to be bombastic. I want to be humble.

Than just stick to messing around with modding FSO instead of breaking the engine.

I guess he should stick to making missions, rather than going way advanced all at once.

BTW, bryan, how good are you at C++?
Requiescat in pace

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
I guess he should stick to making missions, rather than going way advanced all at once.

BTW, bryan, how good are you at C++?
Very good.

But I'm struggling on how to use CMake to compile FSO, without too much copying and editing.

This is something that it requires both PhysX and COLLADA support, though I am using POF as a temporary placeholder).

Will the calculations use Tait-Bryan angles?

To answer that question, possibly yes.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template