Author Topic: Planet?  (Read 4498 times)

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Anybody found the mythical "Planet" code yet?
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
we can just model a giant sphere and stick some terrain on it, using all the lods possible

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
all you have to do is name a ship "planet" and if you fly to close to it you'll get an alarm telling you that you're too close to a planet.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline penguin

• Eudyptes codus
  • Still alive.
Originally posted by Carl
all you have to do is name a ship "planet" and if you fly to close to it you'll get an alarm telling you that you're too close to a planet.

File: Object/CollideShipShip.cpp; Line: 1372; Routine: mcp_1()

It contains the infamous "Too close to planet.  Taking damage!" and bangs up your ship a little.

Not too useful...
your source code slave

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Especially if you put invunerability on in FRED, you can fly right into the side of the planet, some times even knock about a bit!

But the message would be better if it said, "You are getting too close, you will burn up!" like in Privateer 2: The Darkening

Offline Firgeis

Privateer, what an awesome game, never got to play the sequel but everyone said it sucked..........

Do you imagine a cross-breed between Privateer and FS2?

PS: Zylonbane do you still have the Newbie guide to the BB? I laughed for hours with it
« Last Edit: April 30, 2002, 04:04:49 pm by 732 »

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by Firgeis
Privateer, what an awesome game, never got to play the sequel but everyone said it sucked..........

??? It was great.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2002, 06:49:19 pm by 83 »
SCREW CANON!

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
Originally posted by venom2506

??? I was great.

Do you by any chance mean it was great, your not the type to randomly claim you are great.
Got Ether?

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
This could be useful.. opens VC...
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Anaz

now that would be a neat mod...a trading game, with the FS2 engine...think of the possibilites, we could even trade fishies with the vasudans for credits :D
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by Zeronet

Do you by any chance mean it was great, your not the type to randomly claim you are great.
lol, yeah, I forgot a "t" there :p fixed :)
lol, I feel stoopid =D
SCREW CANON!

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Originally posted by Carl
I know. I was asking if anyone had found the actual code that implements that part. Who knows... there might be some interesting comments in there. Ditto for the SSM code.

venom2506, you mean that little sig-sized Newbie's Guide? Yeah, still got it. Not much need for it here at HLP though. :)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Just on a note, when flying too close to a planet, you will get sucked into orbit and will orbit the planet, satellite, etc.  But if you fly closer, I doubt the fighter capabilities though, you would get sucked into its atmosphere.

Offline Firgeis

Originally posted by Analazon
now that would be a neat mod...a trading game, with the FS2 engine...think of the possibilites, we could even trade fishies with the vasudans for credits :D

I think it would be a great mod, but it would require alot of source code tweaking and programming...... and expert modelers (hmm where we could find that?) to model the stations like the ones in privateer (alotough they also gotta be HUGHE).

PS: Zylon i was the one who mentioned the sig thing.... could u post it for old times sake?

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Oh all right...

NEWBIE'S GUIDE TO THE VBB: Nobody knows where Bosch is, where the Shivans came from, or what happened at Capella. FS3 is not coming. You can survive the last mission. Nobody cares if you make Member. Don't spam, start pointless topics, or bump old topics for no reason. No sig should be over 10 lines. Search first. FRED2 questions in the FRED2 forum. Do the walkthrough. Beam-free-all.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
SSM stuff is in HUDArtilery.ccp
or something like that
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
Originally posted by ZylonBane
Do the walkthrough. Beam-free-all.
:lol: how many times have you been asked "how do i get beams to work?"

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
Originally posted by LtNarol
:lol: how many times have you been asked "how do i get beams to work?"

the thing is I asked a simlar question years ago... (when vets were still friendly enough to point you at the walkthrough and say: beam-free-all ;))
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline Kellan

• Down with pansy elves!
    • http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater
Rather than RAAARGHH!!! :mad2: :mad: :mad2:

"Go away! I'm a horrible Ogre!" :p

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
be nice if we could implement an atmosphere around certain planets...perhaps as part of the pof.  Then, change the message to "Caution, atmospheric entry imminant."  This would be really nice because i do plan on doing some planetary assault missions; wouldnt it be nice if you could leave the hangar of an orion in a herc2, decend through an atmosphere, fly over an ocean, and blow the sh*t out of some unlucky ground installation?