Author Topic: EBW plot tree?  (Read 3877 times)

Offline Caveman

Yeaha - just played, and I have to say that EBW is a nice campaign!

But I've felt I fought well and did end on the losing path. Is there a plot tree to see which missions you have to win/lose to see different endings?

Offline mxlm

I seriously doubt it's possible to have a non-downer ending. Hell, the credits told me I'd done 'very well' and humanity was still about as screwed as it could possibly be.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
as far as I know, you just need to secure the beam weapon energy cell production to switch to the winning path (which starts with the EA mounting an offensive) and then not failing said path.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Though either way

Spoiler:
Earth is screwed - either the Brakiri invade on the losing path, or the EA offensive is annihilated by the shadows and then the Brakiri invade on the winning path.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 10:22:49 am by General Battuta »

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Nice spoiler tags you have there :P

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Why, thank you, good sir!

Tags surgically altered.

Offline Caveman

Nooo, that can't be!

Maybe...
Spoiler:
...the Shadow-Ships have a weak spot, or there is a middle way between losing to much and winning to much (so the shadows don't have to intervene for the Brakiri)? Btw. is it optional to get captured by the Brakiri, or is it a regular part of the plot?

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
regular part.

However MadAboutGames didn't take the awesome flying skill of Vidmaster into account  :)

I have managed to beat for example Mission 1 (that means all enemy ships were destroyed while my two capships survived the battle) only to find out that nothing happend then.
I won but I was not supposed to. If you win that mission, you get no briefing and then advance like you lost the battle  :)

Same problem with the capture mission. You ALWAYS get captured even if you win.
MAG should have scripted the thing better, so defeat is certain.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline -Norbert-

He once said that the EA losing the war is neccesary for the campaign to go over smoothly into what he had planned for part 2.

Edit:
Ha, even found the place he said it!
Spoiler:
The shadow battle at the end is only playable through the good side (non-linear almost Originally the was no shadow mission and you fought the Brakiri at their homeworld but I opted to change this to incorporate the shadows which is more true to the babylon 5 storyline and leads the way for EBW2.  If you lose the Altair station then lose the Ross 128 mining facility you will embark on the defensive missions as the Brakiri fight you all the way back to earth.  Save eaither of these stations and you embark on the good side thus fighting the shadows at the end.  Im glad you enjoyed it[/spiolder]
From here http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,55455.20.html
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 12:39:32 pm by -Norbert- »

Offline Caveman

Hum... k... - and will the EBW2 ever come?

Offline mxlm

Random question. Just replayed the first mission of the EBW and sort of won; both cruisers died but then we killed all the remaining Brakiri. Anyway, in the second mission I'm suddenly flying a Brakiri fighter for no apparent reason. What's with that?
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Random question. Just replayed the first mission of the EBW and sort of won; both cruisers died but then we killed all the remaining Brakiri. Anyway, in the second mission I'm suddenly flying a Brakiri fighter for no apparent reason. What's with that?

Kind of bonus for your achievement.

TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

only played first 3 levels, nice campaign so far, great vids!!!!!!!