Author Topic: Left-Click and Refresh to Apply Directly to the Forehead  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Left-Click and Refresh to Apply Directly to the Forehead
This is most probably a browser compatibility issue because even IE10 doesn't have this problem.

01.png: Under normal circumstances, the sidebar goes below the content of the article. The same is repeated for non-mainspace articles accessed via URL or opening links from the topbar ("{{username}}" "my talk" "my preferences" "my watchlist" "my contributions" "log out") in a new tab.
03.png: However, if I directly access (ie. left-click) a link on the topbar or reload the current page normally (F5, Refresh button), this happens. The sidebar and topbar go missing and every link shows up in white text.
04.png: Continuing from 03.png, if I click the Back button in Chromium, the sidebar and topbar still remain missing and the link colour issue remains. Force-refreshing (CTRL+F5; CTRL+click Refresh button) brings me back to 01.png or 02.png.

I'm using Chromium build 201348 on Windows 8. As mentioned above, this problem does not show up in IE9.

EDIT: I just noticed that, whenever I left-click on or normal reload any link on HLP, the site's appearance changes to something that seems like mobile view until I force-refresh (05.png). Again, IE10 doesn't have this issue.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 02:05:07 am by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Left-Click and Refresh to Apply Directly to the Forehead
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Offline Axem

So was any of this fixed?

I still have the sidebar wiki issues.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I still have the sidebar issues as well, but the other problems appear to have been quietly fixed. Either that or switching to Comodo Dragon was the right thing to do.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
switching to Comodo Dragon was the right thing to do.
Nope, Comodo has an unfortunate tendency to push updates slower than Google does. If you want an alternative to Chrome, I would suggest new Opera Next which is in beta. It uses Blink rendering engine, same as what Chrome will soon switch into. Still, as of now IE10 happens to be the most secure browser on Windows with Chrome coming in second place. All the rest are far, far away from second place. And that includes Firefox.