Author Topic: It's a secret  (Read 3072 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Don't tell everyone but becoming a beta tester for TBP is a pretty sweet deal. You get to test new ships and features before they appear in the official release and all we expect in return is for you to keep an eye out for bugs or things that might be improved. Not that I'm hinting or anything. :nervous:
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
There's probably PC requirements for this sweet deal.

We who use (very) antique PCs probably won't have a change. :sigh:
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I hear there are no special PC requirements and that anyone who can run a full release can run a beta. Really this is too good to be true. Those guys at TBP must be nuts! ;)
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Well they must be! ;)

I know someone who can run the full release, has a broadband so downloading big files isn't a problem.

You can contact him, if needed. ;)
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
Nuts???? I prefer cashews :lol:
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
I could use my many notable skills to help make TBP a world religion... But I must first get a new hard drive and then I would pluck the line on my comp and have my own web connection. But I'm too lazy (among other things) right now to by the hard drive so until then, there's nothing I can do but fred around making my missions.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

I also heard that some people have problems getting the release. Fileplanet doesn't have it and that bittorrent thing is giving me the creeps :o

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Originally posted by Slanker_MT
I also heard that some people have problems getting the release. Fileplanet doesn't have it

I believe those people are mistaken. I just checked fileplanet and it's there. Maybe they have not figured out that you have to sign up for a free gamespy account and login before you can download.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Originally posted by Prophet
I could use my many notable skills to help make TBP a world religion...

I strongly urge you to do this. For the good of mankind.

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
Indeed,with everyone playing TBP,no-one will have time to go out and hurt fellow humans ever again ;)
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

So, ah, where do we apply?

Originally posted by IPAndrews

I believe those people are mistaken. I just checked fileplanet and it's there. Maybe they have not figured out that you have to sign up for a free gamespy account and login before you can download.

As I checked yesterday it gave me a 'file not found', but now it's there. Weird :doubt:

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Shhh. Check the beta testers forum for a new beta build.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by Slanker_MT

As I checked yesterday it gave me a 'file not found', but now it's there. Weird :doubt:

FP likes to do that, click the link again once you've logged in and it should work.

Offline Burns

I am so checking this out (i just noticed the sub-forum;) )
That which does not kill me is delaying the inevitable.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
There won't be many beta releases left before the final release of 3.2. In this regard, I would like to ask everyone who is even slightly interesting in beta testing our releases to test the few betas left.

Even a smallest error, make it even a spelling or grammar error is worth reporting. More importantly try latest fs2_open builds, if you encounter a problem, try an older build. Report back your findings. Both our and the SCP teams needs your help to provide rock solid final releases for the public to enjoy. :)

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,33640.0.html