Author Topic: Question for WC Saga team  (Read 10047 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Re: Question for WC Saga team
I was wondering, could I get the model for the Concordia class carrier since the one in FRED just turns into a massive, Confed logo?

maybe because it is a huge Confed logo? :)

More importantly, is there a place I could go to expand my background options? It'd be nice to have planet variety from system to system and set background lighting that matches the star(s) used for the system. If anyone can help me aquire some of these I'd appreciate it.  :)

Background set in the demo is pretty limited, as you might have noticed already :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

I was wondering, could I get the model for the Concordia class carrier since the one in FRED just turns into a massive, Confed logo?

maybe because it is a huge Confed logo? :)

Yup it's Confed's secret weapon  :lol:
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

In short, I don't think I could say anything bad about this project or it's team as many others seemed swift to do. People using 56k? Lol, I've been playing Freelancer mods for the past two or so years in absence of WC and out of the hundreds of people I've met and gamed with I've only known two who've used 56k.

Waves...and now you've met 3    :eek:

@drakon:
here are some usefull hints about FRED:

2: remember that trying to go to the ship/loadout section will hang the game, so make missions "scramble missions" in mission specs - this will dissallow players to try  it (every mission in the prologue is a "scramble mission")

Actually it shouldn't hang, you'll just get the old interface artwork.  I've been it for ages now.

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
@drakon: here are some usefull hints about FRED: 2: remember that trying to go to the ship/loadout section will hang the game, so make missions "scramble missions" in mission specs - this will dissallow players to try it (every mission in the prologue is a "scramble mission")
Actually it shouldn't hang, you'll just get the old interface artwork. I've been it for ages now.

Actually the game will crash. I do not think that I've included old interface screens.

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

It doesent hang wen you enter the section - it hangs when you try to proceed aster entering it (for me)

@drakon: here are some usefull hints about FRED: 2: remember that trying to go to the ship/loadout section will hang the game, so make missions "scramble missions" in mission specs - this will dissallow players to try it (every mission in the prologue is a "scramble mission")
Actually it shouldn't hang, you'll just get the old interface artwork. I've been it for ages now.

Actually the game will crash. I do not think that I've included old interface screens.

Then how can I do this?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Cause you're running WCS as an FS2 mod rather than as a stand alone.

That's quite obviously the FS2 interface back there
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Problem is, it shouldn't be a mod though, it's running on it's own folder. Let me redownload the prologue again.

Tolywn... look in the prologue_interface.vp file  :D  I see quite a few FS2 files in the interface folder
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 07:08:14 pm by Scooby_Doo »

A couple other notes about FRED:

Karajorma has some great points in his FAQ about FRED.  some good tips, mostly things that you normally don't even think of, like actually using the 3rd dimension of the environment you've been given.

Also, NEVER use Red Alert.  It makes damage and weapons stats carry over from the previous mission, however at this point, it's incredibly buggy.  Sometimes, missions with it just plain cause the game to crash.  Others, ships warp in with ALL subsystems and turrets destroyed.  Others, you wind up with a black screen and can't target anything.
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Problem is, it shouldn't be a mod though, it's running on it's own folder. Let me redownload the prologue again.

Tolywn... look in the prologue_interface.vp file  :D  I see quite a few FS2 files in the interface folder

looks like I included old interface files just in case... :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
is it possible for you to share the Autopilot Template with us - i mean iv'e been trying to understand how the whole thing works from the mustangers missons, and i think what every event do, but I still have no ideaa of how some of them work

Here is one of our autopilot templates. The animation has been tweaked for a Longbow/Thunderbolt squadron.

-supports 7 nav points
-enforces next nav selection
-battlegroup, general ai orders are already included
-standard mission goals included

In my estimation it should be fairly easy to build missions using this template. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

-WC Saga's beta tester

Very nice :) I ripped the autopilot missions out but I had some problems with them....

BTW does the ghost in nav 1 do anything ?? or is it also somethink you just forgot to clear like land on hermes directive?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
it is to block autopilot from engaging. The only thing I forgot to add is set-no-collision sexp. :) You might have noticed, that the ghost model is moved to the next navpoint once the player hits alt-n.

This autopilot template is, like I said, a bit outdated, but it works fairly well for simple missions. It would have been a waste not to release it. :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

I have one question - is it possible to prevent your wingman from sending generic messages while keeping other built in messages like deathscreams or comms from your other wingmen

OR (best solution) is there any female wingman persona ??

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I have one question - is it possible to prevent your wingman from sending generic messages while keeping other built in messages like deathscreams or comms from your other wingmen

Well, you could disable built in messages by clicking the selection box in the ship's editor

Not at the moment.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage

Not at the moment.

You could take the female personas from FS2 or BtRL and use them. Not too hard.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga

Not at the moment.

You could take the female personas from FS2 or BtRL and use them. Not too hard.

would work, partially. We are using different wing names and a different comm filter.

-WC Saga's beta tester