Author Topic: RELEASE: Derelict 3.7  (Read 50783 times)

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
Re: RELEASE: Derelict 3.7.0
Alright, I now have implemented all the FSCRP stuff. The download files have been updated.

Offline CT27

Alright, I now have implemented all the FSCRP stuff. The download files have been updated.

The OP says it was last updated October 7, if you've updated the download files shouldn't it be a more recent date?

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter

The OP says it was last updated October 7, if you've updated the download files shouldn't it be a more recent date?
Only if the link address changed.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline SF-Junky

The Admiral's right. I only re-uploaded the files behind the links.

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Fuuuuuck. I wish you hadn't re-released this. I need to redo Alpha 3's lines.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline SF-Junky

Fuuuuuck. I wish you hadn't re-released this. I need to redo Alpha 3's lines.
Well, you can do that any time and we update the vp then. :)

Ooh, this is nice. This is very nice.
Now all it needs is a revoicing... And a highlight!

---

One thing I did notice: In teh second deep space patrol mission, it's possible to just press 1234 and bug the mission.

Offline SF-Junky

Now all it needs is a revoicing...
There're is a certain number of files which have a low quality (Tom Faulkner mostly), but overall the VA is totally okay imo. Especially Mackie is very well voice acted. I wouldn't want a new one. :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:12:59 am by SF-Junky »

Hell no this doesn't need to be re-voiced!!!  This campaign is a classic.  I wouldn't want it any other way!  I still consider Derelict the yardstick other homebrew VA'd campaigns are measured against.  Yes, there are other more professionally done VA'd campaigns like ST:R and BP:AoA, but Derelict the first VA'd user-made mod I'd ever played where the voice acting helped the immersion rather than jarring me out of it.

DON'T TOUCH IT!!!   :p
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I'm still doing Alpha 3's lines. I was 16 when I did those lines, but I sound like I'm 12 in Derelict.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline SF-Junky

Well, there is no need to delete the old VA files. If Cobra likes to redo his part of the VA, he can do so and we upload it and let the end-user decide which version he or she wants to use. :)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I wasn't exactly very...dynamic when I did my voice work way back when, but I figure it still works.  If there's one thing I'd want to redo, it'd be my part in Shrouding the Light, since I was pretty much eating my mic and popping with every other syllable. :p

Now all it needs is a revoicing...
There're is a certain number of files which have a low quality (Tom Faulkner mostly), but overall the VA is totally okay imo. Especially Mackie is very well voice acted. I wouldn't want a new one. :)

Fair enough - I personally would like the voicing to be normalised to FS2 standards though, some of it is very soft.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Thanks for doing this and especially thanks for including the work that had already been done by others in the FSCRP.  You have done an excellent job.  Derelict is one of my favorite campaigns.  You have preserved all the things I loved about the campaign and improved on it.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

So somehow i cant get it to work. Using VPs12 and RC3.7.0 the are models and effekts are still the old ones an there are no backgrounds. So are only some models updated? Dont think so by using the MediaVPs_3612.
Does FS some caching in appdata or similar?

Offline SF-Junky

So somehow i cant get it to work. Using VPs12 and RC3.7.0 the are models and effekts are still the old ones an there are no backgrounds. So are only some models updated? Dont think so by using the MediaVPs_3612.
Does FS some caching in appdata or similar?
Please check the mod.ini in your Derelict folder and see if the name of the mediavps folder in the "secondrylist " line matches yours.

Mod.ini from Derelict unchanged:

Code: [Select]
[multimod]
primarylist  = ;
secondrylist = ,mediavps_3_6_12;

[settings]
flags = -spec;

Thats why i am wondering...

EDIT:
Netxt strange thing:

New V1.1 extracted Derelict folder ist named "Derelict". In the Launcher i can only navigate to the mod "derelict". Now i Renamed the new package and the launcher still only find "derelict". But there is no more older derelict subfolder. Is that somehow cached or saved i a ini file? Maybe someone has an idea.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 07:50:07 am by seraphuriel »

Offline SF-Junky

Well, usually it's mediavps_3612.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Looking at my previously-downloaded Derelict_3_7_full.7z, the mod.ini's multimod section looks like this:
[multimod]
primarylist  = ;
secondrylist = ,mediavps;

Obviously I changed it in my installed copy:
[multimod]
secondarylist = mediavps_3612;

I'm not sure how you ended up with "mediavps_3_6_12"...
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
found some problems with the current Derelict release.
1. Mission dl1-08 has a message that refers to file wa.ogg but the voice file in the release is dl08_a2a.ogg
2. You can not advance past mission dl4-08 because the campaign file refers to an event that is not in the mission
is-previous-event-true
            "dl4-08.fs2"
            "Alpha wing leaves area"
This event is not in the mission.
3. mod.ini has secondrylist = ,mediavps_3_6_12;
Should be secondarylist = ,mediavps_3612;

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:05:49 am by Macfie »
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.