Author Topic: RELEASE: Derelict 3.7  (Read 50783 times)

Re: RELEASE: Derelict 3.7
I've downloaded the new release of Derelict and things seem to be much better now.  However, I should point out that the core package didn't seem to contain the mod.ini or the .blp file anymore - I'm guessing they were overlooked?

If someone has the unpatched version of the Derelict campaign, I'd appreciate some feedback on whether the nightly builds fix the navbuoy bug:
http://scp.indiegames.us/mantis/view.php?id=3055

Unfortunately I don't have the unpatched build anymore right now, but I can confirm the following:

I initially played the unpatched Derelict on 3.7.2 RC3.  This unpatched version had the nav buoy bug.

I then played the newer, patched Derelict on the same build (3.7.2 RC3).  That worked.

However, on both of the above, I noticed that after the end of the second 'red alert' mission, my loadout reverted from a custom, reduced loadout to a 'standard' loadout on my fighter.  Should I try it with a newer nightly build to see if it still occurs?

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
I've downloaded the new release of Derelict and things seem to be much better now.  However, I should point out that the core package didn't seem to contain the mod.ini or the .blp file anymore - I'm guessing they were overlooked?
*sigh*

There's always something. ;-)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
If someone has the unpatched version of the Derelict campaign, I'd appreciate some feedback on whether the nightly builds fix the navbuoy bug:
http://scp.indiegames.us/mantis/view.php?id=3055

Unfortunately I don't have the unpatched build anymore right now

Niffiwan confirmed the fix, so this is no longer needed.

However, on both of the above, I noticed that after the end of the second 'red alert' mission, my loadout reverted from a custom, reduced loadout to a 'standard' loadout on my fighter.  Should I try it with a newer nightly build to see if it still occurs?

Yes, please do.

Yes, please do.

Ok, I can confirm that with a more recent nightly build (20140711_r10911) this works as intended - it kept the custom loadout for all of the 'red alert' missions.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Super. :yes:  That's probably due to niffiwan's work on Mantis #3056.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 08:53:01 pm by Goober5000 »

Offline CT27

I can also confirm this works on 10918.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Just had a user come onto IRC complaining about the beacon bug; they got Derelict through the installer. Why is this not the version on the installer?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline dan87uk

Been doing my full Freespace marathon Binge the last few weeks after rediscovering it, I have just finished the Derelict campaign from start to finish with MediaVPS_2014 and I can confirm that all the missions worked fine (I had a few crash outs but that's more to do with my computer being overtaxed by all the graphical goodness not the missions)

I remember playing through this many years ago and liking it, but with the improved graphics its just even more immense, good job done all round! thank you!

:yes2:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 04:05:12 pm by dan87uk »
============================================
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Offline Ctoagu

There appears to be an issue in the mission "The Third Man" with the shuttle attempting to dock with the Ithaca. The shuttle in this case simply keeps flying straight when it jumps in, and just keeps on going straight forever, sending the docking countdown backwards even. So far, I've only had this problem with the 2014 MediaVPs, and the problem went away when I went back to 3.6.12.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Sounds like a problem with the paths on one of the models.  I've filed a report on HLP Mantis: http://www.hard-light.net/mantis/view.php?id=1006

Offline CT27

I sort of had this same problem when testing the mission in the tech room.  I was also using MediaVPs_2014.

The transport did go past the corvette in a straight line for a while.  However, I used time acceleration and after a while, it did eventually turn around and moved to dock with the corvette.

Sorry for graverobbing this thread (pun definitely intended), but I would like to know whether a reinstall of this version over the SCP-version linked to in the wiki will overwrite my campaign file?
In a related issue, I am stuck in "Descent" (the mission where the Auriga first appears), since the mission simply doesn't end. I've tried destroying the Auriga (did nothing), warping out (got me chewed out) and dying five times in a row so I could skip it (which took me back to the SAME mission again twice in a row). I was wondering whether there is a fix for this issue or, if not, if a fresh installation of this version would fix the problem.
Thanks in advance!
Ride! Ride now! Ride for death, ride for ruin!
And the world's ending!

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
The campaign name is the same so you should be able to install this without overwriting your progress.  Make sure and follow the directions in the original post. 
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline noretoc

Sorry for graverobbing this thread (pun definitely intended), but I would like to know whether a reinstall of this version over the SCP-version linked to in the wiki will overwrite my campaign file?
In a related issue, I am stuck in "Descent" (the mission where the Auriga first appears), since the mission simply doesn't end. I've tried destroying the Auriga (did nothing), warping out (got me chewed out) and dying five times in a row so I could skip it (which took me back to the SAME mission again twice in a row). I was wondering whether there is a fix for this issue or, if not, if a fresh installation of this version would fix the problem.
Thanks in advance!
Same issue here.  I was really getting into it too.  Can't go any further.

Offline Macfie

If you got your version of derelict from the installer it is not the up to date version.  Go to the first post in this topic and download Derelict 3.7.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline noretoc

If you got your version of derelict from the installer it is not the up to date version.  Go to the first post in this topic and download Derelict 3.7.
This is the version I'm using.  The one from this thread.  Still can't complete that mission.  Never get the ok to jump.

Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.

Offline Macfie

Could you post the file name rather than the mission name?  It should be in the format dl1-01.  You can get the file name by going to the tech room in the mission simulator.  Make sure you have campaign missions selected.  Look at the bottom mission and look to the right it should list a file name.  The bottom one is the last successfully completed mission.  The file name for the mission Descent should be the next sequential number.

Never mind, it's dl2-10.  Played the mission and didn't have any problems. 
The Awacs has to be scanned and destroyed.  This should allow the Swiftsure to arrive.  The Swiftsure has to dock with the station and then undock  The Auriga should arrive, fire at the Cipher, destroy the station and depart.  To complete the mission the Swiftsure and the Cipher have to depart safely. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:14:57 pm by Macfie »

Offline noretoc

The swiftsure come in docks departs, the event horizon gets destroyed, but the Cypher just sit there.  It show no orders. and i never get the clear to leave.

Offline Macfie

Does the event horizon get destroyed by the Auriga?  The Auriga should fire at the Cypher and the Cypher should bug out and then the Auriga should destroy the event horizon.  I haven't been able to duplicate your problem.  What version of FSOpen are you using and are you using the Mediavps-2014?