Author Topic: CPR for GTF Valkyrie  (Read 10167 times)

Offline Freespace Freak

• Official forum permanewb
Er um, I hope I haven't walked into a firestorm, here but here we go.  I like the work that's been done to the Valkyrie so far, but as has been mentioned, it still needs a little work.  *dodges fireballs*  What I'd like to do is offer my help.  I've never done textures or polys so I'm pretty much clueless and will probably need someone to hold my hand, but I'd like to do a little work on the Valkyrie.  From what I understand, Herra, you just put new textures but didn't touch the model right?  What I'd like to try to do, or have someone or some people help me try and figure out how to do, is first up the polycount and give it more smooth curves.  I would try to give the wings some depth instead of two-dimensional flat wings.  Then for the textures, I want to use the same stickers that you have already put on it, but the base textures would have the same shiny ones that exist for the Valkyrie.  Then I'd try to put a cockpit in there, or failing that, just give the cockpit screen an obsidian jet black reflective glass on it. 

If anyone would like to help my I wouldn't mind,  :D  I'm starting up school next week.  I'm working full time during the day in the Coast Guard then I'll be going to school full time at night.  Likely I'll only be able to put in an hour of work into the project every Saturday and Sunday at most, so if someone would like to help me, I'd appreciate it.   :yes:  I'm a newb at this whole modding thing, so hopefully I won't crash and burn.