Author Topic: How many of you think you know what this campaign is about?  (Read 18448 times)

How many of you think you know what this campaign is about?
Originally posted by Primus

BWO will be one of the best campaigns. Maybe the best. :p

Of course it will be. :nervous:  ;)

Originally posted by RED DIAMOND
One of the best things was not having to look at the message screen to know what was going on(ie. voice files)

And the quality of the voicing was excellent :yes:. The editors did a great job on that (Blacksheep?) :)

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
freespace 2.5!!!!
After much debate I decided quotes are a waste of time.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Originally posted by Slanker_MT

And the quality of the voicing was excellent :yes:. The editors did a great job on that (Blacksheep?) :)

Yep...BlackSheep did a fine job on it!  He's even better now...but also much busier.

I'm not sure what we'll be doing for voice acting....its not 4 missions....its 40.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
if u guys want i can try to ask some people that might be interested.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
You can create the sequel :p

Ehh I'm quite confident we'll be able to gather voice actors for BWO.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Actually, back when FreeSpace Watch was closing down IceFire, myself, and Styxx were talking about a possible "FreeSpace 2.5" project that would be a fan conclusion to the series. Much like there was a fan Battlezone 2 expansion.

It would be set probably 20+ years after the events of MT and/or BWO, and the backstory would be generic enough to allow for both plotlines to be considered the prequels.

Some ideas tossed around included a unified Terran-Vasudan fleet and a story similar to what Volition initially mentioned that the FS2 plot would be. Ships exploring the nodecharts of the Ancients and uncovering the true extent of the Shivan threat.

Venom's Over the Top's later chapters adopted some of the ideas we tossed around for this.

Something I was quite pleased with were how we were handling things such as Volition's promise of "spaceships like the surfaces of planets" and having a more unified fleet doctrine. (capships with specific gameplay related roles) For example anti-fighter frigates, anti-capitalship destroyers, dedicated carriers, etc.

Anyway, on the topic of voiceovers we'll do whatever we can to get it done and done well.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 11:20:12 pm by 72 »
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Volition mentioned that a mission pack was in development for FS2 even before FS2 was released.  They were really surprised when Interplay shelved it.

It'd be interesting to get ahold of the plot for the mission pack, even if the plot for FS3 wasn't written yet.  Might shed some light on things. :)

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
Has anyone tried contacting one of their members regarding anymore info they could get off the shivans? I mean, at this point there isn't much of a legal issue on holding back that kind of information because they can't legally make fs3.

I think ALL of you guys deserve TONS of credit for keeping FS2 alive and kicking halfway thru 2005. With the mods, new models, weapons, sides etc. there is so much that has been and can be done.

I like the open ended nature of the FS story. We have, can and will continue to write new stories, some in the FS world, some just using the engine like the Bab 5 game.  

I just hope that those new and old that enjoy space sims will be open to storylines set in a hybrid FS world. Afterall, we need to resolve the not just the Shivans but, ancients and any others that may arise. The Infryno EA side is just the thing this game needs. It adds some freshness to the game along with a multitude of stories. :cool:

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
i just wanted a happy ending :p

I never played the BWO Demo.. i don't know what happen ;)

I wait and hope it's good ;)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 02:29:52 pm by 1821 »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Is it about a sewerage disaster?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
could be a really bad nasty sewage problem...gotta clean em up.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
Originally posted by Genoism
i just wanted a happy ending :p

What makes you think the end of the series would be a happy ending?

Both FreeSpace 1 and 2 had phyrric victories. Even Silent Threat in the end led to the dissolution of the GTA.

Fan campaigns with happy endings, if anything, are going against the style of the FS universe.
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Ending, I'm sure don't want that so to speak. Cleary leaving it as is has made some long for closure. However, I offer a different perspective. Leaving it open ending allows us the fans to make our own endings, beginnings, mods, alternate universes, total conversions etc... I would rather have it this way we are at least as creative as V see(Inferno, TBP, TCP, SCP, OTT, BWO, Direlect etc.) :thepimp:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
FS1 was argueably phyrric...FS2, however bad the blowing up of Capella was, does not seem so phyrric in light of the possbilty the whole GTVA could have ended up that way. And the recovery of the Knossos technology which turns FS1 into an unqualified victory.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Originally posted by ngtm1r
FS1 was argueably phyrric...FS2, however bad the blowing up of Capella was, does not seem so phyrric in light of the possbilty the whole GTVA could have ended up that way. And the recovery of the Knossos technology which turns FS1 into an unqualified victory.

Personally I haven't always been totally convinced that the GTVA would just pick up the Knossos and make it work. It's alien technology, different and possibily more advanced than the GTVA's - do they for example, have the pre-requisite industrial base or understanding of subspace to make something like a knossos work? Julius Caesar won't buld you a M-1 even if you plopped one in front of him. I suppose if the GTVA is confident they can do it ...

But let us just assume for a moment that it does work. The GTVA would still have been robbed of Earth's industrial base for years, although they'll get it back eventually the chaos caused by seperating the heart  of the GTA from the rest of the GTA will take more than a simple reconnection to repair.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
It was stated by Volition that the Ancient's technology was only a decade or two more advanced than Terran/Vasudan technology at the end of the V-T war.

Considering how alien Shivan technology is, and it only took a decade for the GTI to figure out how it worked, reverse engineering a Knossos by the time BWO starts isn't too unbelievable.
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Anaz

I think this campaign is about space ships blowing each other up :p
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...