Author Topic: Two new screenshots  (Read 26922 times)

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
It's not. It's FS1 P3 OEM.
Where, oh God where can I find this most enigmatic FS1 version?!

Are the FS1 planet backgrounds real, or merely manifestations of PaintShop skillz? If they are, how can they be used in retail FS1? Any idea? Am I wasting my time?
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
Hmm...,

I haven't found any other reference to the P3 OEM version, other than the posted screenshot. Does it really exist? And if so, where can I get my greedy hands on it? I guess the only difference is the EXE, so that's really all that's needed.
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Actually the OEM version, Darkness Rising, did not have planet backgrounds.

Those were in an earlier build, shortly after the idea of fully 3d planets with gravity effects was dropped. (to be used as "space terrain" that blocked sensors, etc.)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
There must have been more than one OEM version then.  Because I have the FS1 Pentium III OEM version that came on DVD, which has both planet backgrounds and afterburner trails.

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
And that's w/ a new EXE, innit? Alternatively, very weird looking FSM missions, wotsit? Just outta curio, if you have that ver, could u p'raps post the #Background part of, for instance, the EOD mission. For a comparison, y'kno.
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Offline bfobar

I just like to say that I think another screenie or teaser pic of some sort is needed.  ;7

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
In two weeks. I'll make a bundle.

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
dont u mean to say in two weeks your releasing BWO :p.....that'll be the day...
After much debate I decided quotes are a waste of time.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
God I hope so.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
God I hope so.

Feature creep will not help you. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Feature creep hasn't helped us either ;)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
That's exactly what I meant. Though, I suspect, in a different sense from how it was interpreted.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
There must have been more than one OEM version then.  Because I have the FS1 Pentium III OEM version that came on DVD, which has both planet backgrounds and afterburner trails.

I know this post is from October, but this is the first I'm reading of it.  Apparently, Goober, you and I have the same FS1 DVD.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
  • You'll shoot your eye out...
question, why does the jumpgate lead right into a planet?
Stop... Hammertime :hammer:

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
I never got the impression that planets existed in subspace.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Because they don't ? :confused:
Don't sit on the grass, just smoke it

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Because it looks pretty?

Offline Nuclear1

Ah, must be the GTVA's recent invention, the Galactic Terran Suicide Booth.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Mmmm it doesn't.  What do you mean?

Subspace has no correlation with real space so where the subspace node exists has little to do with where a planet does.  Infact I bet that a subspace node can pass right through a planet with no ill effects.  Its barely present in normal space...its a slight tear. If its stable enough than a GTVA ship with suitably equipped inter-system subspace drive technology can make the subspace jump, travel the corridor, and arrive at the other side.

Planets matter not.  However, in terms of the BWO campaign, we use alot of planets (now completely high res and drop dead gorgeous) to show the player that they are in a particular location.  We're very consistent where planets appear and what is nearby.  Its part of the "space terrain" sort of feeling we initially set out to create when dealing with the MOD work on BWO.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
I thaught subspace was connected to gravity, if that's the case a subspace node may not even be able to come near a planet...
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."