Author Topic: Progress?  (Read 12431 times)

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
just cause I'm the paranoid type and actually wanna play it before the apocalypse comes.  Seriously though, I'm all for voice acting and would love to play it with it, but I think its purely an extra when it comes to a user mod.  I seem to recall talking about voice acting in BWO years ago.   I'm not one to stand in the way of the designers desires to make their project the way they want.  So I'll wait, lurking in the background like the usual, waiting for them to complete this epic.  Hope it goes smoothly
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
I doubt voice acting will be that much of an obstacle once we get it started, but I can say for sure that after playing this near-finished (in terms of script and missions) campaign, voices are not really a feature, they're more of a necessity.

It would be sub-par to release it without voices.

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
It would be sub-par to release it without voices.

Amen to that.
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
Aside from Voices which will take a while, I'd say...

Music (few more tracks missing)
HTL and fixed versions of some (and by "some", I mean, quite a few of them) models. The major ones have been worked on and are being worked on currently so that's good news.
Cutscenes (though these will most likely be optional - depending on how fast the other stuff goes... it would really be good if we could get someone to do them proper though, it would... complete the picture)

Ace is finishing up the Skyboxes I think and we're almost done with the complete rebuild of the missions (that was one behemoth job both for Ace and myself, kv pitched in a lot as well), just a few left, waiting for me to get my computer operational again. (maybe I should put a PayPal "donate for BD's new computer so BWO will be released faster" fund hah).

That's more or less it. The rest are kinks and assembly. There is really no time estimate. It all depends on when it's all finished. If everyone dropped their lives and commited to BWO solely (everyone we need), we could be done in three weeks. But since that's not realistic, I think it'll be a while. People have lives and other things to do.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 08:46:46 am by BlackDove »

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Well atleast bwo is released before MT ;) but can't wait to see finished bwo it's going to be great:)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Crazy_Ivan80

• Node Warrior
it only needs to be as good as Derelict to be excellent :p
It came from outer space! What? Dunno, but it's going back on the next flight!
Proud member of Hard Light Productions. The last, best hope for Freespace...
:ha:

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Considering the fact that we don't have any bugs that prevent progress through the campaign, and we have a ton more plot-heavy dialog, we're already doing better than it ;)

Of course it helps that half of the missions were designed by IceFire and the people behind Derelict.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

But both of them vanished into the ultimate void...

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie

Icefire - wanished? I don't think so...

It's true about Agatheron and Dark though AFAIK, though there's still a 'hardcore' to build on.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
Kellan also dissapeared.

Ace and IceFire are the only VW staff remnants, though I'm really no spring chicken either - I've been around as long as they have. Just never a part of the creative community.

Icefire - wanished? I don't think so...

It's true about Agatheron and Dark though AFAIK, though there's still a 'hardcore' to build on.

I was talking about Agatheron and Kellan. Except for Ace and Icefire all VW staff is gone. Remora, Orange, Zarathud, Xanadu, Chucker, Wedge, Dark, Dynamo, Wildwolf etc.
Hm, Xanadu may have vanished before VW, I'm not sure... and Zarathud once popped in at an old HLP discussion, I think.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
Actually I know where OrNage ;) still is. He just doesn't have much to do with us now anymore that VW was closed.

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
you guys are scaring me, yur making it sound like you might drop it...
After much debate I decided quotes are a waste of time.

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
Just noticed this...

mp3 this time around, WAV = inferior

Are you guys for real?

- Selectah

Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
Read Ace's post below that.

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
what makes ogg better then mp3?
After much debate I decided quotes are a waste of time.

what makes ogg better then mp3?

Ogg sounds like food, and I havn't eaten since yesterday mid-morning, so it sounds ALOT better to me.

I'd just like to note that for about a two year period the only reason I'd visit HLP was to see if this was done yet so If it ever does get finished it'd be kind of like losing an old friend...
The needs of my belly, outwiegh the needs of the few.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
Quote from: BlackDove
Read Ace's post below that.

Quote from: Ace
You mean "OGG", not "mp3", right?

Excuse me, what does this has to do with the astonishing 'WAV = inferior' ?

- Selectah
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Well, if one must really use WAV, one might as well use FLAC.  But I guess SCP doesn't support FLAC.