General FreeSpace > Multiplayer

Network Settings Not Saving

<< < (3/4) > >>

AdmiralRalwood:

--- Quote from: krevett62 on December 17, 2017, 12:08:34 pm ---I know topic is a bit old but I had the same problem using wxlauncher RC2 and checking the "use alternate registry path" fixed the issue for me (I thought that FSO no longer uses registry as of 3.8.0??)

--- End quote ---
It doesn't, unless fs2open.ini doesn't exist (but if you're using wxLauncher 0.12-rc.2, then it should). So unless something strange is happening (wxLauncher doesn't have permission to create the .ini file, maybe?), "use alternate registry path" shouldn't affect anything.

krevett62:
Fs2open.ini does exist but I don't know why checking this option solve the issue. If i left the box unchecked I got the error message when trying to launch a MP game, otherwise I can play without errors.
I think it may come from the launcher (i may try knossos if the newest version works on my system because I had some issues with older ones) because I also have a problem if I don't use the flag "use portable mode" my joystick isn't recognised in game.

AdmiralRalwood:

--- Quote from: krevett62 on December 17, 2017, 02:51:23 pm ---if I don't use the flag "use portable mode" my joystick isn't recognised in game.

--- End quote ---
...Are you sure you're using wxLauncher 0.12-rc.2? Also, I should warn you that portable mode doesn't actually work 100% correctly, because of how the command-line-parsing code is written.

krevett62:
Yes i'm really sure but anyway I have encountered no errors while using portable mode (and i'm the kind of guy who like to have his saves in the game folder rather than c:/users/myname/roaming... I never install anything in program files as i have 4 hdd on my computer)

n3v:
Did you try the "Use a different registry path" flag (-fix_registry) in your launcher? It worked on my Windows 10 system.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version