General FreeSpace > FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support

Test build campaigns not showing in campaign list

(1/2) > >>

Iain Baker:
Hi all, I have been asked to playtest restricted access test builds of several campaigns. Unfortunately I have ran into a snag with two of them, the snag being that the campaigns does not appear in their respective campaign lists and so can't be playtested. I checked the techroom mission simulator to see if they were listed as single missions or similar and nope, they aren't there.

I'm assuming something has gone wrong somewhere, although I'm not sure what. Anyone have any idea what might be causing this and what either I or the mod uploader need to do fix it?

Any advice greatly appreciated :-)

0rph3u5:
Check if the mod has a game-settings.tbl or [insert-name-here]-mod.tbm, if yes check it for a section called "#Ignored Campaign File Names".

Iain Baker:

--- Quote from: 0rph3u5 on July 12, 2021, 04:02:27 pm ---Check if the mod has a game-settings.tbl or [insert-name-here]-mod.tbm, if yes check it for a section called "#Ignored Campaign File Names".

--- End quote ---

I had a look but couldn't find it. I did notice when i looked in the folders that it was set up in an unconventional way. The data folder was in one called Contents, and there was a folder called 'shiny'  :confused:

I have attached the debug log in case that helps :-)

[attachment deleted to save space]

wookieejedi:
Always good to check the physical files got downloaded in the package. Also make sure the missions are in folder called 'missions'.

Iain Baker:

--- Quote from: wookieejedi on July 12, 2021, 05:53:02 pm ---Always good to check the physical files got downloaded in the package. Also make sure the missions are in folder called 'missions'.

--- End quote ---

It looks like the files are there, and the missions are in the missions folder, but still no joy. It seams that Knossos isn't 'seeing' them. If this is the case, then what usually allows Knossos to see the files, since I'm assuming mine is missing. Any ideas?

Cheers :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version