Poll

Which did -YOU- prefer blowing up capital ships with?

GTB Ursa
13 (50%)
GTB Zeus
1 (3.8%)
GTB Artemis D.H
0 (0%)
GVB Sekhmet
5 (19.2%)
GTB Medusa
2 (7.7%)
GVB Bahka
1 (3.8%)
GTB Boanerges
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Your favorite bomber  (Read 23542 times)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Ok...that's just bizzare...

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I hate it... I use modular tables so that I can use Harpoons instead.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
In me mods I always ban Mys carrying helios.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Ok...that's just bizzare...

Especially if you consider the fact that a Helios missile is longer then the hull of a Myrmidon.

Though, most of the bombers wouldn't have room for the amount of bombs they claim to house anyway. They just magically spawn the missiles from somewhere.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline ShivanSpS

well no, 3rd slot have a big hole in the ship i think is for the helios.

OKAY, WHOS THE DAMN NOOB THAT DELETED THE BOANERGES !?!?!  :mad2: :mad: :hopping: :mad: :hopping:

*Warning : - will be locked poll tampering is continued...**

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
WTF happened to the poll? Was it reset??

Anyways if its reset, may you PLEASE add the Myrmidon? It can carry Helios, making it a bomber. True the bomb may be bigger, but then again it is canon!! :v: put it in on the tables.

The Myrmidon owns, hands-down. Being able to get a normal speed of 75m/s or up to 95m/s w/o afterburner is excellent. In, launch, and out. You can easily clear a destroyer within 1 minute of approach to escape. Most weapons are ranged at 2km-2km in, about 500m over, 2km out. 4.5km is cleared in exactly 60 seconds at 75 m/s. 48 seconds at 95 m/s. That doesn't include the afterburner or ultra-high maneuverability. Afterburner is 135m/s...

Hands down, Myrmidon will own any bomber.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline ShivanSpS

no, i  usually use the Myrmidon for suicide bombering in multi and i say if you are attaked by flak or beams, you are dead, if a fighter target you, again you are dead, the bombers can take some by is high shielding.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The advantage of piloting a Myrmidon in strike missions is that you can defend yourself from fighter attacks...though the Myrmidon isn't the best fighter, it's better than light bombers.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils

Anyways if its reset, may you PLEASE add the Myrmidon? It can carry Helios, making it a bomber. True the bomb may be bigger, but then again it is canon!! :v: put it in on the tables.

The Myrmidon owns, hands-down. Being able to get a normal speed of 75m/s or up to 95m/s w/o afterburner is excellent. In, launch, and out. You can easily clear a destroyer within 1 minute of approach to escape. Most weapons are ranged at 2km-2km in, about 500m over, 2km out. 4.5km is cleared in exactly 60 seconds at 75 m/s. 48 seconds at 95 m/s. That doesn't include the afterburner or ultra-high maneuverability. Afterburner is 135m/s...

Myrmidon:
Classification: Space Superiority FIGHTER
Nowhere in its tech discription does it say it's a bomber, if anything it's a dev error that people are so slap-happy about finding, that they didn't bother fixing it for realism. The Helios is two / thirds larger than the ship itself, why would they purposely do that?

Myrmidon:
Classification: Space Superiority FIGHTER
Nowhere in its tech discription does it say it's a bomber, if anything it's a dev error that people are so slap-happy about finding, that they didn't bother fixing it for realism. The Helios is two / thirds larger than the ship itself, why would they purposely do that?

Well the myrmidon -IS- pretty big for a fighter, and DOES have a pretty beefy looking missile rack, so i reckon its not a dev error, but purposely done.

it says 'SPACE SUPERIORITY'. Not interceptor, not heavy assault, not bomber. To acheive space superiority, you need to be able to do lots of things, and do them well. The mymidon forfills the rolls of interceptor, assault, and strike bomber, all in one hit.

But still , it isnt a bomber, and as such, isnt up for voting.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
The Apollo is Space Superiority, and it doesn't carry Tsunamis or Harbingers.
Oh, there's another thing...why can the Myrmidon carry Helios' but not Cyclops'? All the bombers either carry Cyclops' but no Helios' or both or none at all. Why a Helios but not the Cyclops? Makes no practical sense.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Because it's that badass of a fighter. :p
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline ShivanSpS

well, but if a dev error, why they dint fix it in 1.2? this bug is too easy to find.

Myrmidon launching Helios in retail:

in media vps:

I have to say they look to damn big. and i also think that there is a reason of why don't carry Cyclops, because if she does if will be more a Fighter/Bomber than space superiority.

Also you must think that there is a lot of ships can can carry Trebs and the missile looks to damn big when launched.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
It was an EASTER EGG!!!!

Your not supposed to know that it can, and when you figure it out, your supposed to be like: " aww, neat! haha!" not "OMG MYRM=BOMBER!!! DEV BUG ERROR GLITCH HACK!!"

It's just like that U.R.A. Moron designation in FRED.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
[rant]**** the Myrmidon. **** the Helios. **** the Myrmidon to hell and back.

I really hate it when people just scream "OMFG MYMIDON BOMBER WITH HELIOS OMG OMG OMG!!!!!" The Myrmidon's designation is GTF

GTF

And 'F' stands for fighter. F-I-G-H-T-E-R, not B-O-M-B-E-R. So it was either a dev error or a easter egg.

Yush?[/rant]

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Yeah!

What I just said! ::)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah! I was supporting you.

Here's more support:

GTF = Galactic Terran Fighter
GTB = Galactic Terran Bomber

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
well, but if a dev error, why they dint fix it in 1.2? this bug is too easy to find.

Myrmidon launching Helios in retail:

in media vps:

I have to say they look to damn big. and i also think that there is a reason of why don't carry Cyclops, because if she does if will be more a Fighter/Bomber than space superiority.

Also you must think that there is a lot of ships can can carry Trebs and the missile looks to damn big when launched.
But why something that can rape a Demon in four shots and not a smaller, anti-cruiser weapon?

Offline DarkShadow-

• Machina Terra
It was an EASTER EGG!!!!

What he said.
Now, could we stop that useless war?  :)
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, isn't 'Eureka!' but rather 'hmm....that's funny.'" Isaac Asimov