Author Topic: RELEASE: Cleaning Crew  (Read 6370 times)

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
ill say...

at the risk of getting yelled at for spam, need to ask BR something:

in the misison 'once again into the breach' in homesick, it wont let me pass it. it has all the looks of me failing an objective. but it doesnt tell me anything since its a red alert mission. ive beaten it like 3 times. how do i get through it? i wouldnt ask here, but noone else has answered me yet.

[edit] oh, and the pheonicia is indeed a hecate. i looked once. i wnated to see exactly what was being blown up ;)
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Offline Roanoke

Originally posted by ngtm1r
4.) The Near-Ship annoys me. Greatly. It constantly gives me errors or recommended distance, and frankly I'm not going to use a function that is giving me a lot of crap. I placed my fighters manually and foolishly didn't move most of them in the y-axis.

I've always found this to be very useful.

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
werd

<_<

>_>

(one word post alert!!!!)

Intra-system jumps probably aren't instantaneous, remember the anti-NTF mission where you and a Sobek take down an Orion, then an Aeolus, and other stuff?

The commander guy says "there's more ships on the way", but how does he know unless they've already jumped, and if they already jumped why aren't they there??

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
theres about 2 seconds before the ship jumps in, at most. they prolly detected the ship warming up its subspace drives.

IIRC, they DID say that intrasystem jumping was instantaneous, but it was in FS1 techroom. i dont remember very well though.... maybe they just said that it was CONSIDERABLY FASTER or something.

I checked the FS1 techroom and there is nothing on Subspace. The FS2 techroom does have information on subspace, but nothing suggesting that intrasystem is faster than intersystem.

As for the mission in question, it is: SM2-05 "The Sicilian Defense"

Event: Alba Incoming
Command says: Pilots, the NTC Alba has run our blockade of the Capella jump node. We are tracking the vessel to your rallying point. The Alba will emerge from subspace momentarily.

Alba's Arrival:
-is event true delay
----Alba Incoming

So from this mission alone, we know that "A" the Alba jumps, and Command tracks it through subspace. And that the Alba takes at least 10 seconds to arrive, more like minimum 20 as it takes time for Command to read the report and then open his mouth to tell everyone about it.  

Therefore from this one cannon mission, intrasystem jumps are clearly not instantaneous.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
FS Ref Bible

Intra-system subspace travel is nearly instantaneous, and requires relatively little energy input to enable.  Most of the GTA’s advanced fighters are equipped with intra-system jump motivators, allowing them to travel at will within a given star system.  There is little or no restriction on the beginning and end points of such a subspace “hop,” except that they be in the same star system.

we'll just say they don't take 6 minutes.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
And they don't. The time you and the Actium in subspace was more like four.

Besides, subspace is a crazy dimensional weirdness. Your clocks may vary.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
Originally posted by Grimloq
ill say...

at the risk of getting yelled at for spam, need to ask BR something:

in the misison 'once again into the breach' in homesick, it wont let me pass it. it has all the looks of me failing an objective. but it doesnt tell me anything since its a red alert mission. ive beaten it like 3 times. how do i get through it? i wouldnt ask here, but noone else has answered me yet.

[edit] oh, and the pheonicia is indeed a hecate. i looked once. i wnated to see exactly what was being blown up ;)

Ah, right. Yes. Sorry.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on. The campaign should progress so long as the red-alerting event triggers and the 'one of the ships is destroyed' doesn't.

It could be possibly something to do with FSOpen or something, I don't think anyone's encountered this with retail FS2 (for which it was originally made)...

My advice? Use the -allslev command line in the launcher, the red alert's only there to take you immediately to the next mission, which is just a talkie, no action one.

(If you're using retail and getting this problem, I'm even more stumped.)

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
well, it could be a bug-

i got the 'five times a charm' message, so i took that opertunity. im thinking that was a mistake... prolly broke it.

BTW, none of the ships died. in fact, i think i only lost 1 wingman one time :p ill try that out...

oh, and about sol: a history-
HOW COULD YO UBE SO SADISTIC AS TO SEND ME IN A bOMBER AGAINST AN OutPOST!!! BWAAAAA!!!! :hopping:

;)