Author Topic: RELEASE — Blue Planet  (Read 170655 times)

Re: RELEASE — Blue Planet
Maybe they are not in Knossos because they don't work anymore? adv-bp2-cockpits worked with Blue Planet: War in Heaven, but now it's Blue Planet Complete and it does not work anymore.
There are actually 2 tables inside that mod: "bp2-shp.tbm" and "bp2-pit-shp.tbm". There are however also models (.pof) and maps (.dds). In the .dds files I spotted the static MFDs (Multi-Functional Displays) that I remember seeing when I played with the cockpit mod a few years ago, but that type of file is not present in other cockpit mods, so maybe they are not important. I mean, there are even sound files packaged in this .vp mod.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 03:01:34 pm by Durandal7 »

IIRC they were made by Dragon who once was part of the BP team (but remained somewhat separate) but left HLP later, so it was most likely only his pet project.

Hello!
I absolutely have cockpits working or can get them to work in any contemporary/popular mod:  FSPort (MediaVPs), MediaVPs 3.8, and Blue Planet Complete at least.
It's been awhile since I configured them, and have installed them in such a way that I think they pretty much work in *any* mod.

Durandal7 is correct, you have to edit the ship tables and some other scripting asset to get the cockpit to load for certain ships, and to use the right hud.

Honestly, if someone wanted to just look at how I did it sometime, I'd just show you all my files.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Hello!
I absolutely have cockpits working or can get them to work in any contemporary/popular mod:  FSPort (MediaVPs), MediaVPs 3.8, and Blue Planet Complete at least.
It's been awhile since I configured them, and have installed them in such a way that I think they pretty much work in *any* mod.

Durandal7 is correct, you have to edit the ship tables and some other scripting asset to get the cockpit to load for certain ships, and to use the right hud.

Honestly, if someone wanted to just look at how I did it sometime, I'd just show you all my files.

It would be awesome to have these as options in the next Media VP update :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

so it is now about 5 years since release and I really enjoyed acts 1-3. Has acts 4-5 ever been voice acted? Was kind of left hanging and would be nice to finish the mission.

Acts 4 and 5 of WiH aren't out yet. I doubt there will be more VA as it consumes a lot of time that the team dedicates to making playable content when they find the time to do that.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Ok, I'm trying to get Blue Planet to run but I'm getting some crazy error messages. My Debug Log can be found:

here.

Can anyone tell me what this means and how to fix it?
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
In Knossos' options screen, set "Preferred Engine Stability" to "RCs", update FSO, then go to the Blue Planet tile, open the FSO options and set the build to use to the 19.0.0-RC2 build.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
In Knossos' options screen, set "Preferred Engine Stability" to "RCs", update FSO, then go to the Blue Planet tile, open the FSO options and set the build to use to the 19.0.0-RC2 build.

Wait, will that affect my other mods if I set the preferred engine stability to RCs? I don't want to screw up my other mods just to play Blue Planet.

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."

Most mods depend on recent builds; they should work as there souldn't be anything that changes how the game itself plays. Sometimes debug warnings start showing up but that means usually that something has been wrong before.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Why does BP need some fancy new build anyway?

MVP-4-0?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Wait, will that affect my other mods if I set the preferred engine stability to RCs? I don't want to screw up my other mods just to play Blue Planet.

It will not. You can always choose which build to use for which mod; setting the engine stability setting just tells Knossos which builds it downloads (By default, it will only get stable builds; by setting it to RCs, you allow Knossos to get the RC builds as well).
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Ok so I did the instructions above...and when I press Play, now I can't even see ships in the ships database, maybe just their running lights or a couple of textures, if I see anything at all. When I run fast debug, the game starts without a problem...but why do I have to press the "run fast debug" button to playFS Blue instead of the play button?

Anyway, that debug log is here: https://fsnebula.org/log/5e1231d3cb0d330e638b7ed3
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 01:00:46 pm by Su-tehp »

The Order of the Stick

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
There are two possibilities: one is that the tech room tends to be very very dark for some reason, and you could try to use The Lab (press F3 in the main menu) to look a bit into how the things look.

The other is this:
Code: [Select]
  OpenGL Vendor    : ATI Technologies Inc.
  OpenGL Renderer  : AMD Radeon HD 7660G
  OpenGL Version   : 4.5.13399 Core Profile/Debug Context 15.201.1151.1008
FSO had some problems with old HD series AMD GPUs several times in the past, and some problem might also affect you. I'd recommend checking if the drivers are fully up to date.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I use to have a 5770 and in pretty much any build newer than October 31st, 2017 would only show some of the textures.  Now I have an RX-570 and things are looking great.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Hi there!

Can someone tell me the AI profile name/s for BP AoA and WiH - I need it / them for the autoaim table to go with mah joystick :-)

NB - RETAIL FS2 didn't work (Not that I thought that it would but it was worth a try anyway)

Cheers :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

AoA is BP, WiH is BP2, Tenebra is BP2 R2. FSBlue uses the retail profile. You can always check this yourself by inspecting the correct table in the vps, in this case bp-aip.tbm.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
AoA is BP, WiH is BP2, Tenebra is BP2 R2. FSBlue uses the retail profile. You can always check this yourself by inspecting the correct table in the vps, in this case bp-aip.tbm.

Awesome, thank you :-)

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Hi there!

Can someone tell me the AI profile name/s for BP AoA and WiH - I need it / them for the autoaim table to go with mah joystick :-)

NB - RETAIL FS2 didn't work (Not that I thought that it would but it was worth a try anyway)

Cheers :-)

Ok, I'll bite: what about this makes Iain Baker's joystick not work?

The Order of the Stick