Author Topic: so whens act 4 coming out lol  (Read 8385 times)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Re: so whens act 4 coming out lol
Has anybody thought about recruiting new members? I mean, it won't be easy to find people capable to work on BP, but if you're asking for help you atleast have the chance to draw some veterans back in. Of course that makes only sense if people from the original team have time to give people joining guidance/motivation by working themselves but it's been almost 3 years since the last release so even if parts of the core staff aren't always having time, others might have. BP started as Darius' one-man project, and a lot of people went in, but over the years quitted/don't have time anymore, so it might be worth an attempt to get reinforcements?

I volunteer as proof-reader / editor / play tester. Actually that goes for anyone's mod :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Consider this a raincheck for me volunteering in helping FRED. I've only got a bit of experience right now, but hopefully in a year or so I'll have learned more. :)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Has anybody thought about recruiting new members? I mean, it won't be easy to find people capable to work on BP, but if you're asking for help you atleast have the chance to draw some veterans back in. Of course that makes only sense if people from the original team have time to give people joining guidance/motivation by working themselves but it's been almost 3 years since the last release so even if parts of the core staff aren't always having time, others might have. BP started as Darius' one-man project, and a lot of people went in, but over the years quitted/don't have time anymore, so it might be worth an attempt to get reinforcements?

I dunno, man. It could work really well! But BP has had exquisite team chemistry, we work together about fifty times better than any other HLP team I've been on (or frankly any actual studio I've worked at). It would be hard to recreate the magic.

I dunno, man. It could work really well! But BP has had exquisite team chemistry, we work together about fifty times better than any other HLP team I've been on (or frankly any actual studio I've worked at). It would be hard to recreate the magic.

That's pretty obvious, elseway it wouldn't have been possible to create something of that quality. :nod:

Just given how important BP has become for the community (though I'm still an INF fanboy :D ), it would be bad if it was left unfinished.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It would be okay. Hardly anyone plays campaigns any more, there's not much left to kill.

I'm afraid there're still some people around here who'd think otherwise. :p

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
It would be okay. Hardly anyone plays campaigns any more, there's not much left to kill.

Boy it sure is nice to know that all the time I spent working on Inferno was wasted. Thanks for enlightening me.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Don’t shoot the messenger! I just don’t think ‘it would be bad for the community if you didn’t release’ is what motivates anyone to finish a campaign these days. You do it because you love the campaign.

Sorry, I didn't wanted to demotivate you; I hoped you understand it rather as "it might be worth the try". :)

Offline CT27

Boy it sure is nice to know that all the time I spent working on Inferno was wasted. Thanks for enlightening me.

I don't think it's wasted.  I'd love to play the rest of Inferno, it'd be a pity to see Nostos unfinished.

There are also a number of other campaigns in progress I'd like to see.  I'm hoping we get Exile 2/3 someday and hopefully The Aftermath 2 will be completed this year.

Also, I'm hoping the FSCRP team can get Allied Forces fixed like they said they were working on too.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I love inferno too!!!
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline emark4

Welp. RIP Blue Planet. Nice knowing ya!

(Goes off to read stuff about Squadron 42)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Nothing’s changed. ETA still when it’s done.

Offline emark4

So vague though. Reading through all the comments about act 4 makes me  really think this is the Half Life 3 of freespace mods now.

My apologies but this really ruined my enthusiasm for freespace for the time being.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
@emark4.
You could make a spin off campaign?   Fred keeps it fresh.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

So vague though. Reading through all the comments about act 4 makes me  really think this is the Half Life 3 of freespace mods now.

My apologies but this really ruined my enthusiasm for freespace for the time being.

We've never been vague. We all have real lives and careers (much more so than when we started!) and finishing an act usually takes several months of full-time effort from at least one person. The last time we did that we got Acts 1+2 voice acted. Next time it happens we can get Act 4 done, but we have no way to know when it could be.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I did a bit of work just a couple months ago. The best chance of it happening is when I've turned in my next three books and have a bit of a breather publishing-wise.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
I did a bit of work just a couple months ago. The best chance of it happening is when I've turned in my next three books and have a bit of a breather publishing-wise.

Take your time, real life must come first. You and the rest of the BP team have already given us an experience that few other games can match, and you did it all for free. So even if act four etc. never gets finished, thank you for everything you have done already. 🙂👍
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Well you can of course wait until the team has retired from work. :D

I mean, my recent experience is that quite a lot of people coming/returning here still care about their old pets.

When I got here last year I asked about several projects unheard of for years...
-BWO had been declared dead by former team members, but Raven and BlackDove said they wanted to finish it at some future point.
-Teeth of the Tiger was inactive for 5 years. Then BengalTiger returned and stated he had plans to finish it.
-MindGames had been inactive for a similar amount of time but Karajorma stated he preferred to keep story and assets private so that it can be finished at some future point.

Of course you can say "aside saying that they don't leave their brainchilds to die nothing happened", but after all it is their hobby, so they can work on it as long as they please (though releasing would be good of course :lol: ). When I asked about TI it had not received attention for a long time as well, but there were several interested people and I still hope it'll get released some day.

TL;DR as long it is not cancelled, there's still hope.

Offline emark4

Again, much more apologies. I felt very dissapointed in reading this thread (probably should have not touched it) that i forgot about the fact that RL has to take priority. Act 4 or not, thank you and the team for giving us Blue Planet.

Head into exile I must go (before I start ranting again).