Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > FringeSpace

Tachyon Installation problems....

<< < (2/3) > >>

JGZinv:
Well I can't answer everything as either I forgot or I'm not sure it's do-able.

The max res the game outputs is 1024x768, on any video card system it will probably stretch to fit your (probably) widescreen monitor.
The two mods were an effort to give us some options to stop the scaling and keep it 4:3 and manually specify a larger resolution.
Like on my Nvidia setup, yes the game will show up and stretch to fit on my 1920x1080 monitors, ain't pretty, but it's there. OR I can 4:3 it
and get the black bars.

As to the mouse thing, that's related to DirectX, I tried editing the actual Tach files to get larger resolutions and something similar happened.
Try a different resolution or different aspect ratio.

The detail settings you can set from in game in the options menu gui.

As discussed in the readme, you cannot run both wrappers at once, it creates all sorts of problems like your screen looking like a fuzzy television full of green bars.

rocknroll237:
I fixed the mouse issue with res=0 in tachyon.cfg.

This allowed me to change the settings in game but the game now has black borders, which I can live with.

If I were to uninstall the glidewrapper supplied with the graphics mod and use nglide instead, would that be okay?

JGZinv:
Should be yes. Just remember to delete the 3DFX dll if that was added via the first mod install so you don't mix the files.

randomoron:

--- Quote from: Mike Blaster on January 06, 2013, 05:24:20 pm ---Hi,

I used to play Tach many years ago and now I'd like to reinstall it from my CD but here's my problem. Autorun works fine and pops up but when I click Install Tachyon, nothing happens. . . . I try to install it under Win 7 x64 home fr edition and would like to hear a solution from someone that had this problem and solved it.

Thanks

--- End quote ---

I have this same problem with a brand new computer. Everything is freshly installed and seemingly updated by Windows. Setup.exe just hangs out in the process list. Did this ever get resolved? Is there a link to a forum post where manual install is described (because I'm not sure I can figure it out without some coaching).

I'd just like to add that nothing is already using setup.exe when I start. No firewall. I just click "install Tachyon" at the autorun page from the CD and click yes when windows "user account control" asks if I want that to make changes my computer. Then, nothing.

Thanks,
Randomoron

JGZinv:
Hmm, so you're using the original CD?

What version of Windows?

Typically you can set the settings in the tachyon.exe launcher then run space.exe  and it should take off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version