Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > FringeSpace

Looking for some lost files

<< < (7/7)

Guibaesa:
That's odd, I install both ship packs on my game in order to have access to all of their files, but when I open the tachyon.pff file, extract the files that I'm interested in and decrypt them, I found out that they remain unchanged, I mean, they remain been the originals, with no modification (O_o). Weird.

Anyway, the only thing I was trying to do was something that was already been done, still, I needed to check it out on the mod to know how exactly to do it.

Turns out that those mods, somehow managed to make the game identify the new ships in the hangar by name. Everything name is correctly placed in every ship, with no issues in no starbase hangar. I tried to replicate this simple thing in my personal modifications, but every time I try, something goes wrong or simply nothing happens.

On the place where the name should appear, it only shows a weird text saying "!Ship Desc"

How can I fix that?

JGZinv:
Sonic's mods if I remember correctly used a launcher or patcher if you will that loaded the mod files directly before launching the game.
What I ended up doing to get at his files was create an empty PFF (duplicate PFF and strip all the files out of it so it's a container) and let the launcher
place files into it. Then you have just his mod files and can tell what the changes were vs. stock.

Multiplayer and single player availability of ships are two different things, other than maybe one or two areas.
You've not been super clear on what you're trying to accomplish. Are you trying to mod Sonic's files into campaign somehow differently?

Multiplayer you can only add so many ships before the menu system breaks if I remember right. Campaign, granted you "can" add more than the default
number of ships, but it doesn't work at the ship select menu then. You have to scrap ships, and even then there's a bug where the stock ships won't actually
go away after you sell them, so you can never select the mod ships. Few modders figured out how to add ships to campaign, and in doing so it breaks the mission flags
as best I can tell. Like if you remove or change the Mako, you will break the game right away when you are exiled to the Fringe.

There's another one where you can't progress later on in the fringe, an event won't trigger to pickup something. Then there's the one with the freighter going to the GS base
being attacked by Daggers where the freighter won't spawn in the last sector if you have a modded ship. 

It isn't as simple as it seems to get things working.

Guibaesa:

--- Quote from: JGZinv on September 17, 2017, 09:53:32 pm ---You've not been super clear on what you're trying to accomplish. Are you trying to mod Sonic's files into campaign somehow differently?

--- End quote ---

Im only trying to make the game recognize the new ships by name, you know, when you go to the hangar and you look up, you see the name of the ship displayed (Pegasus, Orion etc). In my case instead, the extra ships I managed to put in the hangar only shows "!Ship Desc" in the text box. I only wanted to know how to fix that.

Regardless, after many tries and errors, I managed to locate and extract some of Sonic's modified files I needed to start looking for a solution, with the exception of the "SOLPTRLF.des" file. Can you post this file here please ?

I'll keep you updated if I managed to find a solution.

Edit: There is no need to post the des fille anymore, I already found him.

JGZinv:
No the weapons settings are in the EXE.  Those also are not accessible. Although you can use a memory freeze tool to change your stats like energy, ammo, etc.

Guibaesa:

--- Quote from: JGZinv on June 26, 2018, 06:01:30 am ---No the weapons settings are in the EXE.  Those also are not accessible. Although you can use a memory freeze tool to change your stats like energy, ammo, etc.

--- End quote ---

No worries, I already found a solution using Cheat Engine XP

Anyway, thanks for everything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version