Author Topic: [Re-release] Rain On Ribos IV (Omnibus version 1.1.1)  (Read 2949 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
[Re-release] Rain On Ribos IV (Omnibus version 1.1.1)

Version 1.1 of the Memories of the Great War-Omnibus is now ready for download.

It brings back Rain on Ribos IV.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This campaign was released on a 21.4. Nightly build. Its version was set to avoid issues with "Control5"-code, however Knossos may allow newer builds.
Please use the Nightly build provided (20220101).

Sadly it is also a product of crunch and large ammount of elventh hour bug fixes, but releasing it was preferable to another long delay - It literally had to happen today because I will not be able to release anything for several months at least.

The state of the debriefings is a particular sore spot (99% percent of them are unedited c&ps from the original release) and I didn't have time to run the new campaign file through it's paces.

Please let's collect all bug reports in this topic...

Note: The nightly from January 1st 2022 ( is the currently recommended build.

EDIT:
Known Issues:
Items in green are verified fixed for a future update.

- I forgot to turn off the Debug-setting in Mission 16 and 17b. You will see a spoileric debug-output while playing. (fixed in 1.1.1)

- Campaign cannot be progressed after Mission 13.

- Several: Broken " ' ", "..." and " - " special characters.
- Mission 3: The AWOL-debrief triggers incorrectly - also it was a line from a previous, unedited version of the script.
- Mission 8: The debriefings for a partial and full success scenario trigger when a full success is achieved.
- Mission 9: additional helpful pointers added for Difficulty <Hard
- Mission 12: Several messages are duplicated.
- Mission 12: The debriefing for a partial and full success scenario trigger when a full success is achieved.
- Mission 13: Missing command briefing animations. (2_cb_typhon for stage 1 and 2_cb_subtrack for stage 2)
- Mission 17A & 17B: Due to table error the Typhons may not deploy missiles from their lower turrets for engagements with capital ships.
- Mission 17A: Several messages out of sequence.
- Mission 17A: Directives for Basiliks flanker wings are missing.
- Mission 17B: Shivan bombers arriving out of sequence.
- Mission 17A (single mission only):
Spoiler:
Hammer of Light-variants of Vasudan fighters are missing from the Loadout

CREDITS:
Based on Conflict: Freespace by Volition Inc.

Uses the Freespace Port

Scenario/Mission Design - Jan ''0rph3u5'' Dombert

Scripting - ''Axem''

English Language Editor (v1.1+) - Iain ''Nomad'' Baker

Beta Testers:
2007 release:
- "Macfie"
- "Trashman"
2009 update candidate:
- "Rodo"
- "Solatar"
2016 update candidate:
- "Taranis"
- "Lykurgos88"

The "core"-package also contains:
- GTF Hercules, Recon-variant - by “Galemp”
- GTFg Jupiter aka GTCv Fafnir - by “Black Wolf”
- TCa Saggitarius aka GTCa Ymir - by "Nyctaeus", "Hades", "DahBlount" and "Mjn.Mixael"
- GTM Asklepios - by "Nyctaeus"
- GTI Asteria - by "Axem" and "Oddgrim"
- GTI Endymion - by "Axem" and "Black Wolf"
- GTI Veles - by “Black Wolf”
- PVC Mekhet aka PVC Tatenen - by "Nyctaeus"
- PVCa Ramses aka PVCa Bastet - by “Black Wolf”
- PVCv Pnepheros aka PVCv Kauket - by "Nyctaeus"
- PVFg Cleopatra aka PVM Naunet - by “Axem”, with textures by “Black Wolf”
- PVD Atum - by "Nyctaeus", with textures by “Black Wolf”
- PVM Duat - by "Oddgrim"
- VAC4#VLS - by "Mjn.Mixael" & "Nyctaeus"
- SB Ojas aka SB Barghest - by "Woomeister" and "Rampage"
- Prop Asteroids by ''Shivan Hunter'' & Anonymous
- Skyboxes models by "Nyctaeus"
- Additional models by "Axem", "Mjn.Mixael" and others
("Additional models"-Credit is going to be detailed in v1.2)

Special Thanks to:
- My friends and family,
- "Spoon",
- "Axem",
- "Mobius",
- "Nycateus",
- the SerRes-team,
- the community at Hard Light Productions,
- the Freespace Port-team,
- all contributors of the Freespace Upgrade Project
- and most of all, the Freespace 2 Source Code Project.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 01:11:17 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: [Re-release] Rain On Ribos IV (Omnibus version 1.1.1)
Congratulations on the release!

Offline 0rph3u5

Last night's post was brought on by insomnia and factually incorrect. The Mission 15 included in the public facing package is the correct version for the Omnibus-release.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

WOn't launch for me. Says not executable was found for the mod

Offline 0rph3u5

If you are on the "stable" release channel, there is currently no build that works with v1.1.1 (to my knowledge). When the 22.0 Build is completed, you should be able to use the "FSO Setting" option to select a new build that should work.

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

I've been asked to seperately publish the loading screen texts from RoR (called internally "Proverbs"), like I did with the other MoGW-campaigns. Because they not a a cohesive story but just fragments for world building, I didn't think of it before:

Spoiler:
NOTE #1: Mission 14 is missing because the original Mission 14 was cut without replacement from the Omnibus-release.
NOTE #2: The line breaks are not represented ingame due to limitations of the Loading Screeen Script.

Mission 1:
Ribos is all broken promises buried under miles of military supply chains. Do not come here.
- From a censored letter to home

Mission 2:
A subspace node is the closest thing in space to a hill to die on.
- From a censored letter to home

Mission 3:
SHIVAN CRUISER CAPTURED! - Terran forces triumph over Shivan menace!
- official GTA news bulletin

Mission 4:
The first pilot to die on any mission is the one sticking to The Plan.
- GTA Pilot's Manual

Mission 5
The only thing that makes Vasuda Prime different from Earth is that all of Earth's problems are man-made.
- A joke among Terran diplomats

Mission 6
The Shivans attack indiscriminately. If they possess any concept of the Rules of Engagement, we do not feature in it.
- Note by an analyst   

Mission 7:
The Shivans are moving supplies from one location to another. It suffices for the definition of a supply chain.
- Note by an analyst

Mission 8:
Sending a signal into Subspace is not hard. Receiving it at its intended destination is the problem.
- Note by a scientist

Mission 9:
Always aim like you will never get another shot.
- Motto for GTA Marine Snipers

Mission 10
Everyone pays the price for loyalty. Who they are receiving it from is most important.
- Empress Khab VI. (1271-1292 CE)

Mission 11
Shivan ships do not have subspace drives, Shivan-made subspace drives have ships.
- Note by a scientist

Mission 12:
Our Imperium has always risen and declined by the quality of its defenders.
- Emperor Dvsu IX. (2287-2321 CE)

Mission 13:
Do the Shivans acknowledge our presence at all? Or do they just brush us aside without any thought?
- Note by a scientist

Mission 15:
Nothing can come from Subspace. But what if the Shivans made their home there?
- Note by a scientist

Mission 16:
The more energy is spent on fortifications, the more spectacular are their inevitable fall.
- Empress Qmrou XII. (1537-1541 CE)

Mission 17a:
The promise of mercy is the hollowest assurance. It is made truth or lie long before it is ever given.
- Nautarch Khavmre-nugur-Vek (93-27 BCE)

Mission 17b:
The weight of wrath is that of the world you leave behind for its pursuit.
- Meditations in Sin'tce, 3rd Book, Aphorism 196

Epilogue:
I have been an agnostic for 32 years. But when I saw that ... ship destroy Tombaugh Station, I experienced for the first time what it must be like to fear a vengeful god.
- a Tombaugh survivor

Memories of the Great War will return...

==================

Offline AdDur

...will Vega finally burn?

Offline 0rph3u5

...will Vega finally burn?

Not in 2024, I am afraid. After this year, who knows? ;)

==================

Offline AdDur

Something else cooking up for 2024? ;)

Offline 0rph3u5

Something else cooking up for 2024? ;)

Not for public consumption, no. Thanks to my work at a major video game publisher I am a very busy person most of these days :)

==================

Offline AdDur

...and how is Lost Generation (it was yours right?). It seemed very interesting.

Offline 0rph3u5

...and how is Lost Generation (it was yours right?). It seemed very interesting.

Yes, they are mine.

Once Memories of Great War comes to a close with the release of Aldebaran Anacrusis, Vega must burn and "another one", it will be full steam ahead for The Lost Generation.

However the first thing that will be happening there is doing some foundational design work, e.g. re-designing how fighter equipment is going to work by adding more restrictions, changing some of the "also-rans" into more competetive designs (e.g. Trebuchet vs Stilleto II) or buffing some obvious losers (e.g. Prom R or the Infyrno). And that's before trying to shake up the narrative delivery in areas were the original scripts are sorely lacking, both in terms of technique and accessibility.

Basically, since circumstances dictate that I take my time, I do just that :D - It's going to be feature creep but I hope it is worth it.

==================

Offline AdDur

Well your prievious campaign were surely worth it - so good luck in development - I look forward to play your next campaigns!