Author Topic: RELEASE - Shrouding the Light  (Read 74750 times)

Offline J.P.

• http://www.omegadigital.org/
Re: RELEASE - Shrouding the Light
Alright, what do I need?

-J.P.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I believe the problem is that the file in mv_models.vp has been renamed to newhornet.pof.

The solution is to

1. Create a mod.ini for the STL folder that points at the mediavps folder. My FAQ has an example of such a mod ini in the installing mods section.

Either

2a.  Extract the weapons.tbl from the VP file and change the name to the correct one
2b. Create a modular weapons table that does the same thing

I'm pretty certain that a solution to that second part has already been posted on this thread at least once.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I have uploaded a patch for STL over at Hades combine that adds nameplates to the Terran cruisers, fixes the problem with the removed SEXP, and would incidentially take care of this problem.  It will be available as soon as some mod over there approves it.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
I have uploaded a patch for STL over at Hades combine that adds nameplates to the Terran cruisers, fixes the problem with the removed SEXP, and would incidentially take care of this problem.  It will be available as soon as some mod over there approves it.

Goober has just readded and fixed the removed SEXP so don't modify the mission. If it doesn't work fine it would be a SCP bug.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Since the SEXP is depreciated removing it is probably a good idea. If the mission still works then the features Admiral Nelson has added makes it more than worth having a copy of.

Offline Admiral Nelson

It is already done anyways.  The missions were all modified to add nameplates in any case.  I also removed Blaise's custom ships.tbl and weapons.tbl and instead created XMT files with just the deltas.  This change should get rid of problems such as the one with the new_hornet.pof.

Patchlink

If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Excellent work :)

Now we just need Skippy, Blaise or an admin to modify the link on the first page :)

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Excuse me but does this campaign work with port version 3.03 and SCP 3.6.9?

Offline Admiral Nelson

Yes.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
What files do I need to download? Just the .vp?

Offline Admiral Nelson

Get the files from BR's home page except BR_STL.vp:

Link

But use the vp from my patch instead of BR_STL.vp, and you are done.

I've got no voices in briefings, but inflight works fine.  I don't remember if STLv had briefing voices...  :nervous:

PS I'm also getting the FSP problem where all the SCP effects work, except some capguns still use the old yellow blob instead of the new stuff.  I've checked, and all the capguns (even the Vasudan ones, since it seems to be Zod ships that use whatever guntype it is) are set to use the new effects.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 10:37:36 pm by Pnakotus »

Offline Admiral Nelson

Nopes.  Just some Terran roles are voiced.

Poking through the tables, FSP tables refer capguns to the crap blobs, but the SCP tables include the new graphics.  The SCP tables don't have the Zod capguns, though, so it's sticking with the old ones.  Time to cook up a tbm, I think. :)

EDIT - Bah, I made a tbm forcing all the Vasudan capguns to use new effects, but they keep using the old ones.  What guns is the Makara, Roc etc fitted with?  Fred2 and mods are a bit beyond me, it turns out. :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 11:01:44 pm by Pnakotus »

Offline Kernal

Cool thanks Nelson!  :)

I've got no voices in briefings, but inflight works fine.  I don't remember if STLv had briefing voices...  :nervous:

There was. However they were just Vasuand(sp?) noices. No real voice acting.
“I am mighty!  I have a glow you cannot see.  I have a heart as big as the moon!  As warm as bath water!  We are superheroes, men; we don't have time to be charming!  The boots of evil are made for walkin'!  We're watching the big picture friend!  We know the score!  We are a public service, not glamour boys! Yeah! Not captains of industry, not makers of things, keep your vulgar monies! We are a justice sandwich, no toppings necessary. Living rooms of America, do you catch my drift? Do you dig?”- The Tick

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Would it be possible to bring Vasudan voices back?

Nevertheless, good work  :yes:
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline J.P.

• http://www.omegadigital.org/
I know this problem has been addressed before but I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do.  :doubt:

Anyways, I have ulysess, not an anubis, and no weapons. What am I supposed to do?

-J.P.

Offline Admiral Nelson

The mod.ini I included in the patch presumes that your FSPort is installed in a folder called FS1_30.  If you have it installed someplace else, change the name in the mod.ini accordingly.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Error: Can't open model file <none>
File:C:\temp\fs2_open_3_6_9.pre\code\Model\ModelRead.cpp
Line: 1829
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

I fixed hte problem with the newhornet by just renaming it to hornet.pof in the weapons.tbl, but now I get this???

WFT???
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Admiral Nelson

There shouldn't be any weapons.tbl at all in the patched vp.  It contains STL-wep.tbm, an XMT file with just Blaise's changes.  Where are you seeing a weapons.tbl?