Author Topic: RELEASE - Shrouding the Light  (Read 74745 times)

Offline CT27

Re: RELEASE - Shrouding the Light
I can't access it in the techroom because I couldn't complete the mission successfully

Go to the techroom
Mission Simulator
Campaign missions
Hit Ctrl+Shift+S to open techroom access to all missions in a campaign

Okay, I finally tested it out in the techroom and it worked there.  Must be a regular campaign issue

Offline CT27

I'll try a PM to AN if he doesn't post about it this week.

Offline CT27

I'll send a PM to AN about this after this post.

In the meantime, could you try this and see if it allows you to progress (I don't know if it will but it's worth a try):

(EDIT: Although  it sounds like the Obelisk can still be destroyed...I did mention the not being able to target systems/turrets glitch to AN)

-See if you can destroy the Crusader using cheats (if it gets stuck at 1% again) and see if that triggers the ending dialogue
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 07:31:05 pm by CT27 »

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
It looks like two issues:
1. Table mistakes in the Obelisk table entry - one extra turret was in the tables, and no subsystems were present in the table.
2. At some point in the distant past the high poly Typhon model had extra turrets.  One of the restorers must have saved some of these missions with that model active.  The current model doesn't have those extra turrets, but they were saved in the mission files.  I have resaved all of the missions with the current MediaVPs active, which will clear that issue.

Version 2.6.1, uploaded to knossos fixes these issues.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline CT27

Thank you Admiral Nelson.

ShivanSlayer, did this new update fix your issues?

Offline Nm6k

• Steam
When I try to launch the campaign on Knossos I keep getting an error message of "No executable was found for this mod"

Offline Nm6k

• Steam
Now I'm getting
Error: mv_root-mod.tbm(line 23):
Error: Missing required token: [#END], Found [$Fixed Missile Detonation: YES] instead.

File: parselo.cpp
Line: 303

Edit:Never mind it's working now and I don't understand why exactly :lol:

It says "No executable was found for this mod" and verify file integrity shows now problems.  It didn't have any problems when I last played in November

EDit: It works now
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 06:39:41 pm by ShivanSlayer »

Hello, I would like to Echo that I am getting the No executable was found for this mod, and the issue has not resolved itself.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
A common cause for the "No Executable found"-error message is that for one or more reasons the mod's most recent version is set to use a Nightly build and the user is not using the Nightly Rekease Channel to get their FSO executables.

You can switch your "preferred build stability" (maybe not the correct name of the option in Knossos) to avoid it. However doing so is not recommended unless you are developer.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Thank you that worked.