Author Topic: Favorite Villain  (Read 5583 times)

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
I was bored so I decided to post this. What is your favorite villain of all video games. And I'm not just taking about a cool boss or whatnot, but someone you learn to actually hate in the game and was happy to finally kill him at the end of the game.

My favorite would have to be John Irenicus from Baldur's Gate 2. That guy was an absolute pain.
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
SHODAN

I'll go with (Infested) Kerrigan.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Kefka from FF6. He is the evilest of all villains. All other evil is derived from him.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline nvsblmnc

• I'm a minefield of information.
In terms of most-hated villains, it'd have to be Walton Simons.  I found that if you time a GL shot right you can kill him while he's still gloating at you - love doing that.

Another good one was William Dresari from MW4.

My favourite villian though, has to be the Director from NOLF2.  One of the best-written villains of all time!
When the reactor explodes, it's usually a sign that you've taken too much damage.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
The Matron, from Evil Genius.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Pyramid Head.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Liquid Snake / Doctor Robotnik........ Equally evil.

Oh yeah and Bosch.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
Dr Evil
I hate My signature!

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
me (i just like games where i get to be the bad guy)
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Liquid Snake / Doctor Robotnik........ Equally evil.

I was going to say those two too!

What do they say about great minds!  :D
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Definitely Ba'al from Diablo II & Lord of Destruction. From deceiving Marius throughout the entire story to exploding that Barbarian gatekeeper, he's easily one of the best-developed villains in the Diablo series. Not to mention that incredible cutscene where he escapes, making off with a body made of tendrils that used to be the most powerful Mage in the land. Tendrils that are composed of awesome and win.

Oh, and the G-Man, considering that you never quite know which side he's on. The only thing that's obvious is that he isn't on yours.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
In terms of hardest to kill I think it would be Gunther.

In terms of just not dieing no matter would I would think it would be Kane.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Sephiroth and Dr Robotnik (Eggman).

Hojo!!!! :headz: :beamz: :snipe:
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline nvsblmnc

• I'm a minefield of information.
In terms of hardest to kill I think it would be Gunther.

Assuming you mean Gunther Hermann from Deus Ex:

Agreed, but I didn't hate Gunther.  I pitied him for his inability to cope with the changes going on around him.  And I respected him as a serious adversary when he made his apprearance in the cathedral.

Until I learned you could make him self-destruct.
When the reactor explodes, it's usually a sign that you've taken too much damage.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Kane and Revolver Ocelot (which now is partially Liquid so Liquid Ocelot or whatever Kojima calls it). Kane because he's Kane, one of the few villains that was smart to use a thing like the media over just guns: "He who controls the media, controls the world" it just says everything.

And Revolver Ocelot, he betrays everyone! He triple crossed the russians, backstabed the americans, Liquid and even the Patriots! I'll enjoy his death on MGS4 greatly.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Hitler, from Wolf3d!

Errr...

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I was bored so I decided to post this. What is your favorite villain of all video games. And I'm not just taking about a cool boss or whatnot, but someone you learn to actually hate in the game and was happy to finally kill him at the end of the game.

My favorite would have to be John Irenicus from Baldur's Gate 2. That guy was an absolute pain.

Ohhh..he was so a real villain. He had everything.I actually pittied him..Too bad you couldn't make him see reason. :(

Otehr great villians...Black Mage? ;7

Kane (C&C) - Oh I just HATED that guy. So irritating, so crazy and so persistent. Like a bloody roach.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Probably Kane, but limited to the first C&C. He's great in that game, but becomes angry and/or incoherent too often in the two newer games, which makes him lose some of his appeal.

Some runners up I can think of are Walton Simons, Bosch and the purple tentacle. :D

Assuming you mean Gunther Hermann from Deus Ex:

Agreed, but I didn't hate Gunther.  I pitied him for his inability to cope with the changes going on around him.  And I respected him as a serious adversary when he made his apprearance in the cathedral.

Until I learned you could make him self-destruct.

Serious adversary? There is a LAW right in the previous room. :p

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Have you seen Hitler's death sequence in Wolf3d? It's absolutely beautiful.