Author Topic: [RELEASE] Shepherds  (Read 13592 times)

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Already said this in Discord, but once again thanks for playing! Part of me was worried whether I could make a foe that would rise to the challenge as a menacing villain. Glad to see it worked!  :D

Given the scale of the engagements we see in Capella like at the Vega node, where practically the entire GTVA fleet was in combat, there's still plenty of story telling opportunities out there.

Not that I expect any direct links, but the idea of Admiral Steele in BP conducting nebula deep strikes on Shivan logistics and bomber wings always caught my attention as a cool combat situation. Do as much damage as possible and escape alive, similar to the second SOC loop. Since a return to the nebula seems to be where the Shepherds/Walls story is heading, I'm excited to see that potential delivered.

In the last mission, sometimes the Memphis does not acknowledge the Ravana destroyer returning in the last part of the mission or the Messana coming in, causing the mission to be unwinnable

An absolutely lovely campaign and a delight to play, start to finish.

In the last mission, sometimes the Memphis does not acknowledge the Ravana destroyer returning in the last part of the mission or the Messana coming in, causing the mission to be unwinnable

So, in my last playthrough attempt, I noticed this glitch happened when one of the Rakshasas was destroyed in the part where the Memphis disables the Ravana.  When I tried again and left the Rakshasas intact, the glitch did not occur.  There may be a connection

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Update 1.2 is out!

This one's been a long time in the making, but here we go: a hundred+ fixes and edits, some new mission events, scripts, dialogue and maybe an easter egg or two hidden around. Two new skyboxes inspired by the MVP version of Capella and Gamma Draconis (ty Nyx for the flame templates many of them are based upon, and for the many nights teaching me how to make stuff with them  :D) and new nebula poofs by FotG are included as well.

Note that FSO 23.3.0-20231211 is necessary to play as the final mission will likely break without it. This should definitively solve the constant breaking of this mission.

Screenshots:

« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 10:09:05 pm by Colt »

Found a progress killing bug in the latest shepherds update...in "fatal prognostication," the ra pods don't launch from the hedetet once the shivans are killed. Tried restarting the mission but no dice

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Thank you for the report. The issue's been found, and a patch should be making its way onto Knossos later today  :yes:

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Hotfix 1.2.1 out. This fixes the progression bug in mission 8, as well as a couple minor fixes to the initial message triggers.