Author Topic: Beta Released: The Great War: Independence (not part of FreeSpace story-line)  (Read 27018 times)

Re: WIP: The Great War: Independence (not part of FreeSpace story-line)
I just read over the plot line on the first page.  It shows a lot of promise IMO.  I hope someday a campaign will be based off of it.

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

---
A LAAARGE Starlancer vibe.

You got me  :p. It's a wink to Starlancer, based on it.

But the plot I put there is quite obsolete now, and a little miss translated. Things I don't like, and I'm going to change. I'll update it in summer, if I can.
---
Thank you, Aurora.
---
Ok. I'm having some problems to upload. My comp doesn't obey me, lol. I can't upload anything to anywhere. I'll try to upload from another computer one of these days.

Don't worry, Trashman, you'll have your Mammoths back.
---
I'm going to retake this project in summer, when I have holidays, and many time to work in hobbies. It has 300 bugs right now, lol.
Working on the Freespace 2 spanish translation. In case you want to play the game in castillian, click here. You'll need some spanish there, though, sorry :p

If you want your mod/campaign translated to spanish, please PM me or send me an e-mail message.

I could translate from spanish to english too, if you want, but it wouldn't be perfect, not at all. For spanish->english translations comes better an english native with spanish knowledge.

I keep trying to upload this mod  :banghead:. At last I found a friend around here that offered to upload it for me. I've already uploaded 30% of TGW:I this weekend. I'm terribly sorry for this two month delay. I'm sorry for your Mammoths delay, TrashMan  :P. I'll upload the models next weekend, I hope.
Working on the Freespace 2 spanish translation. In case you want to play the game in castillian, click here. You'll need some spanish there, though, sorry :p

If you want your mod/campaign translated to spanish, please PM me or send me an e-mail message.

I could translate from spanish to english too, if you want, but it wouldn't be perfect, not at all. For spanish->english translations comes better an english native with spanish knowledge.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Could you send me Mammoth on PM? You can use 2shared or mediafire for hosting single model. I'm going to use it in my second mod, but I can't find working download link :(.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline starlord

I wonder if you would actually plan to use the daegon? It's a good counterpart to the tennyson (and scarcely used...)

Could you send me Mammoth on PM? You can use 2shared or mediafire for hosting single model. I'm going to use it in my second mod, but I can't find working download link :(.

Of course. I'll upload the mammoths MkI and MkII once I get home, and I'll PM you and Trashman. ETA: -4 hours  :p. I'm at school now, lol. Luckly I can upload small sized files.

And about the Tennyson, unfortunately I had some problems with that model, and I was going to remove it. The Daegon is an excellent idea. Thank you, starlord. The ship is in  ;7.

But I'm concerned about the Daegon's size. Is it big? I planned the Tennyson to be a light carrier for quick deployments, but well... I'll take a look to the Daegon later once in home, and implement it.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Daegon is about three kilometers in length I believe.

Offline starlord

Was it used even once in a campaign?

Also, is the tennyson really not viable?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 12:49:45 pm by starlord »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Daegon was used in Merkar Campaign, restored by Mustang. I'll use it in my second project along with the Mammoths. I know Daegon is implicated in End War storyline, as a destroyed flagship of one of the factions [or something similar].
As I know, all Tenny's bugs are solved. It was used in Cerberus: Emergence, DoS and SatN and it works correctly. It's multipart turrets are fixed.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline starlord

second project? do tell!

Also, cerberus? I thought that campaign was on hold?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
There is a outdated demo available on Sectorgame. It's pretty good :).
Second project? Huh... It's called Nocturnal Skies [ex Ultima Cena], and it's based on my history about future Sol. It's not another boring war of a few terran factions. Currently it's frozen, until the Shadow Genesis is released, and I need more models for it so I'm also waiting for release of INF1U and INFASA.

Hmm... yeah, I had problems with the Tennyson turrets. I'll take a look on those mods then.

Ok, I've fixed my computer. I can upload now  :)

Offline swamper123

• Just call me Swamper
If you still need to translate some text ,  I can help you ,Just Pm me ^^
Let's play Blue Planet

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
This mod looks promising. We shall support you until the end!
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Thank you guys  :yes:.

At LAST, I made it. I'm having real problems to upload things, to Megaupload, Mediafire or whatever, from all computers in this island. It's odd. We need optical fiber pronto  :p . Well, here it is. The mod is compressed in ZIP files.

Well, this is my mod. It's just a security copy of it, but can be played without problems. So you can consider this a beta release, or something like that :p. Remember to use an inferno build of FSO 3.6.12 (or higher?) in order to play it. And put voices and music to max volume in the in-game options screen.

I must point out that this mod still depends on the Media VPs 3.6.12 resources. That's effects, maps... So I made a temporal fix: the Media VPs without tables. It is absolutely recomended that you download it, if you want to see how this mod will look like in the future. The TempFix package is down there available to download along with the mod.

The mod isn't complete yet, and there are some bugs I have to find out and correct. 43 currently.

And a message to the modders (and everyone interested) around here. There are many new sound effects, music (from other games mostly) and some modified textures. Take them all if you want, guys. Use them at your discretion and enjoy.

I haven't prepared a credits txt yet. It is LARGE... Needless to say that this mod has been done thanks to the hard work of the FSO and FreeSpace community, and of course Volition. So thanks to ALL of you... And much of the material of my mod comes from many different sources outside this community (music, sound effects...), mostly from other games. So many many thanks to them too. I'll prepare that credits list eventually, when the mod is done. If it is done... I hope. Well, if you want me to keep working on it.

Known bugs:
- The Crusader heavy fighter (bomber2k.pof) makes FreeSpace 2 crash when its shield is hit. I had to remove the fighter from the ASF Sim mission. Cause of the crash: unknown.
- The Nowak Sedulous (bulkfreighter.pof) makes FreeSpace 2 crash when it explodes. I had to remove the freighter from the ASF Sim mission. Cause of the crash: unknown.
- When launching the game, you'll recieve two errors, both before reaching the pilots selection screen. Click Ok on them to enter FreeSpace 2. I don't see they have any effects in game. Cause unknown, effects unknown, for now.
- And right before the pilots selection screen, you'll get an error screen, indicating that there are 43 bugs in the mod (maybe caused by bad tables. Stars.tbl, for example, isn't worked yet). Just accept the message and enter the game.

Download The Great War: Independence (Security Backup made in 24 March 2011):

Mediafire mirrors:

Effects VP (64 MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?7ucycyeaakrmk2g
Hud VP (16 MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?mbpzxzwnvuzvk0j
Maps VP (386 MB): working
Music VP (286 MB): working
Models VP (167 MB): working
Missions VP (71 KB): http://www.mediafire.com/?klya8ivhtc7tr25
Sounds VP (15 MB): working
Tables VP (137 KB): working
Temp Fix VP containing MediaVPs (604 MB): working
Mod.ini and picture (74 KB): http://www.mediafire.com/?e94kv5mkixpm2de

Megaupload mirrors:

Effects VP (64 MB): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X224ZS2S
Hud VP (16 MB): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O8DORNBI
Maps VP (386 MB): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LPKR8RM4
Music VP (286 MB): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OBDLBEMM
Models VP (167 MB): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H5FSKDCK
Missions VP (71 KB): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3TD0P6IT
Sounds VP (15 MB): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R9N792KB
Tables VP (137 KB): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1EOYEGBS
Temp Fix VP containing MediaVPs (604 MB): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WG6U6MO0
Mod.ini and picture (74 KB): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SXCRRBGD

There is a problem with the mod.ini, I'm sorry. Delete the 'mediavps_3612' entry in secondarylist. Secondarylist needs to be in blank, no secondary mods.

I recommend to put music and effects volume at maximum. I've made some dogfight simulation missions. Go to the Single missions menu, and look for the file names that start with 'Sim'.

Now i'll try to upload to Mediafire. That one gave me bigger problems than Megaupload last time. The web page sends me "an arror has occured" message from the beginning.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 08:31:53 am by Alex Navarro »

Offline starlord

well, that's interesting! well done alex!

Offline swamper123

• Just call me Swamper
Re: Beta Released: The Great War: Independence (not part of FreeSpace story-line)
Alex seria genial si lo pusieras todo en un link , It would be so awesome if you put it in one link xD
Let's play Blue Planet

Offline Veers

Re: Beta Released: The Great War: Independence (not part of FreeSpace story-line)
I'm not complaining or anything (since I've never done this myself).

But isn't it an idea to use about 4 vp files though?
Core
Audio
Visuals
etcetc?

That is how I normally see it done, Im just curious thats all

(I will complain about my dial-up speed internet however, will take forever to download this :(
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Veers, Swamper123, you're both right.

But I can't upload big files. The uploader returns me an error during the upload. It was a miracle that uploaded the 600 MB file, I've been trying to upload that file for two weeks. Sorry, Swamper, but I can't do it myself. Only if anyone around here want to help with that, it would be possible. I'd do it if I could.

So, the idea is to make just 3 or 4 VPs, with the standard names? I suppouse I could divide a zip into many small parts, but you have to download the same MB quantity, just divided into many parts, which is annoying, isn't it :P? And about the names... It is I thought it was... neat? that way. I don't know. Organized, easy-to-find, or something :P. But you're right, Veers. I should have done it that way, with the Core, and Visuals and all. It is just I didn't came up with it when I built the VPs. Sorry.

It is a low quality mod anyway, so... I'm not going to cry :lol:. Low quality mod -> low quality tree organisation lol