Author Topic: RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency  (Read 289671 times)

Offline Centrixo

Re: RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency
whats this PIAssests.vp file?
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Open it and look.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Centrixo

thats the problem i never found a PI Assets file  :confused:
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
The 1.03 update is now up.

The patch files are becoming unwieldy at this point, so I won't be making a patch next time if I need to release another version.

thats the problem i never found a PI Assets file :confused:

:wtf: It's right inside the PI rar file.

Offline Centrixo

i just redownloaded the file, i must of recieved a faulty copy because i can see the file with the new download.

Offline ShivanSpS

For disarming turrets. well this could be a SCP bug, because i already detected that AI does not do anything in "disarm" mode... not matter if given by the player or in fred... this is a AI bug... but "destroy subsystem" works well. I also thinking the same about "disable my target" im not sure if this works....

About M9, well i pass it on medium in the first time after download the 1.03 patch(i was tried about a docen of times before that), because before that i was not posible to give to AI the protect my target order, if the sobek goes down, so the Minotaur, after that the Medusas jumps in too damn close to the minotaur, instead 4km range from the sobek.... i didt look in fred, but i suspect that you are using the spawn "near target" and placed the medusas too close to the Minotaur, then after the sobek is destroyed the Medusas just spawn in the placed point, who is too close to the Minotaur....

I made a video of P109 mission i uploading to youtube soon...

P.D. You have touched anything in the tornados accuracy? is on the video and all of yours will soon see, but hell a couple of tornados just do a strange maunover and taken down a Perseus, i was not even think is was posible for a missile to do...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 01:39:49 pm by ShivanSpS »

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I'm just trying this out now... is voice crippled in this 7.9 SCP build?  I'm not getting any TTS playback, but I get it in 3.6.9 final.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline ShivanSpS

Well here is the video...

P109- The Ace is drawn

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXQxOloesnQ

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnx_l5tkLro

The tornado strange manouver and hit is on part 2 :P my only perseus kill... and it save my life xD...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I'm just trying this out now... is voice crippled in this 7.9 SCP build?  I'm not getting any TTS playback, but I get it in 3.6.9 final.

The campaign doesn't use voices, it was specified before ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter

The campaign doesn't use voices, it was specified before ;)

He said he patched it so we could use TTS.

I don't read so well when I've got 3 Herc II's following me around.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
For disarming turrets. well this could be a SCP bug, because i already detected that AI does not do anything in "disarm" mode... not matter if given by the player or in fred... this is a AI bug... but "destroy subsystem" works well. I also thinking the same about "disable my target" im not sure if this works....

About M9, well i pass it on medium in the first time after download the 1.03 patch(i was tried about a docen of times before that), because before that i was not posible to give to AI the protect my target order, if the sobek goes down, so the Minotaur, after that the Medusas jumps in too damn close to the minotaur, instead 4km range from the sobek.... i didt look in fred, but i suspect that you are using the spawn "near target" and placed the medusas too close to the Minotaur, then after the sobek is destroyed the Medusas just spawn in the placed point, who is too close to the Minotaur....

I made a video of P109 mission i uploading to youtube soon...

P.D. You have touched anything in the tornados accuracy? is on the video and all of yours will soon see, but hell a couple of tornados just do a strange maunover and taken down a Perseus, i was not even think is was posible for a missile to do...

Well, it's a bit of a long story at this point. :p The mission was originally designed so that the player would not have to worry about the bombers or the Minotaur at all (at least up to Medium difficulty), but I noticed something stupid just before the initial version was released. The Medusas' arrival target is the Khepri, but after it got destroyed they just kept coming in a silly looking clump at their default location near the Minotaur. I moved them around different areas of the destroyer, at about the same distance from it, but that completely changed their effectiveness. I made various adjustments to the mission to get it back to how it used to be, without moving the bombers back (as I couldn't remember their exact old locations anymore). It should be pretty good now, however.

I don't know about the whole disarm issue. I have not actually given a disarm order in a long time, so you may well be right. The missions never use it automatically.

The tornado is unchanged from the original game. I think you just got lucky there.

Also, Microsoft Sam sounds hilarious in those clips, especially when voicing Vasudans. :lol:

It may be. I haven't tried it. The missions themselves should now work with voices (at least to the extent that they get played), but these intermediate builds between major releases often do not have voice support.

The campaign will generally work okay in 3.6.9 final, although you may get some odd behavior with the music and a few fade effects near the end will not look right.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 11:20:39 pm by CP5670 »

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
As I mentioned earlier, opinions on the difficulty issue have been quite varied and many people have had no problems, so it wouldn't make sense to make wholesale changes to the missions. I can only assume that it's somehow the result of a difference in people's playing styles. However, you can turn down the difficulty slider and many of the missions will now adapt to it in some way, generally giving you higher time limits or some other advantages.

In 15, the beams won't cause a problem if you sit at a distance because the Akheton's range is 500m longer than any of them. Your main objective is only to get 15 turrets, which can be easily done with Trebuchets as you said, although you need to close in on it if you want to try for the additional goals. As for 17, you basically want to get somewhere inside the crevice in the ship's midsection, where the turrets can't see you. There is enough time to destroy any necessary turrets on your way there (in my testing sessions, I played with all the turrets still active to ensure that this is the case), although Stilettos work better than Trebuchets for this purpose. Finally, make sure you're calling in the support ship well in advance, since it can sometimes take quite a while to reach you. I generally call it in when I have four or five total bombs left.

i to would like to see more, hardest campaign i've ever played

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I should probably rewrite some parts of the walkthrough on the website with more details. I wasn't expecting it to be used quite as much as it appears to be and some things described there could use further elaboration.

In that mission, the fighters do sometimes come after you in the crevice, but your ship should be strong enough to absorb a lot of hits from them without taking much hull damage. You can turn around and kill them in one or two shots if you keep the Phalanx in the second gun bank. Actually, speaking of the Phalanx, take a look at the remark in the mission 8 section of the walkthrough. I think this is actually a bug in the game, but I use that trick every now and then and it works especially well with the Amun given its large energy reserves. I might tweak the mission to make the fighters ignore you on lower difficulty levels though.

I do have some plans for a sequel (as hinted at in the ending), although I doubt I'll have time to get started on it anytime soon.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Ha hem....

Voice Acting, Dude! Voice Acting![/i]
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I do have some plans for a sequel (as hinted at in the ending), although I doubt I'll have time to get started on it anytime soon.

Hope it's not another 3 years. :P

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Actually make that 6.

i'll still be here. probably.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I hope I will be. Our older veterans are leaving. It makes me sad. :(

What happened to Alikichi, anyway? He returned a while back but I haven't seen him again. :(

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Meh.  They'll come back in 5-10 years, going :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: ZOMGFTW, what have you newbies done; melikes!!! :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: