Author Topic: RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency  (Read 289631 times)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency
Ha hem....

Voice Acting, Dude! Voice Acting![/i]

Well, it seems that there is enough interest in it to justify going ahead with such an effort, although I would still need to find a way to generate custom Vasudan speech and work around that debriefing issue.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you would be willing to do any voices? The campaign has quite a large amount of text in it for the number of missions it has. Around 10 or so actors would probably suffice (it's easy to make slight adjustments to voices when used with the Vasudan translators) but each person would need to do a lot of lines.

Hope it's not another 3 years. :p

At this point, don't hold your breath. :p Nothing has really been fleshed out yet, and in any case I doubt I'm going to have nearly as much free time over the next few years as I did in the past, with graduate school and all.

I hope you can give us details about how the story will continue, what year in the storyline it will continue in, and what the Alliance's goal will be when confronting the Shivans and Ancients.

I'm not sure myself, to be honest. :p There are a couple of general possibilities I'm looking at, but it's far too early to give any details now. Although I should hopefully have that story document up later today (just wrapping a few details and making sure it's consistent with things in the campaign).

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
hi,
nice little campaine, im impressed  :yes:.

but yes sometimes really hard and to fast over  :sigh:

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
attention: this english is dangerours and terrible, runaway so fast you can!

Offline Centrixo

alright i have adapted my style a few different times to mission 15 and 17. so far the only thing that seems to work for me is afterburn just before it fires off its beam salvo, then when it fires it's next one stop after burn just before. then after burn again and then no afterburn etc.. i have managed to destroy every turret that was an immediate risk including several others. the fighters in the meanwhile are pretty easy, let then follow you then stop your ship go 45 degress and floor it around them, then turn that flying death ship into flying scrap. overall pretty easy.

Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Just wanted to say that I've started in on this (on Easy difficulty), and aside from a few deaths early on (which I can probably attribute to not having played FS2 for months more than anything else), I'm enjoying the heck out of it.  However, I've hit the same wall that Goober did on mission 9.  It isn't the capships that's the problem, it's the bombers.  My wingmen seem utterly and completely useless at preventing them from getting through; the last time or two I attempted the mission, the Minotaur was already under 10% by the time the Thyrae arrived, and that was with me taking out all of the previous capital ships in (what I felt was) a rather quick fashion.  I've tried telling my wingmen to all protect the Minotaur, to engage the enemy, to help me take out the capships...nothing seems to work.  And the one time I managed to run through the mission nearly perfectly, with the Minotaur at around 25% or so, and I was lining up for my run on the Thyrae's forward beams...I managed to intersect with one of said beams. :p I'm going to go back and try the Khepri trick, to see if I have any more luck doing it that way.

(As a clarifier, this is on the full version of version 1.03.)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
With the updated mission 9 in 1.03, I'm finding that the Minotaur's strength is around 20-25% for me by the end of the mission, and that is without my worrying about the bombers at all. Not sure why some people are having so much trouble with it. In any case, I will be posting some short movie clips of sample playthroughs of a few missions (mainly 9 and 15), once I find something free that doesn't generate uncompressed files.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
You generate uncompressed, then use a compressor.  IDK if you'll find something that directly captures & compresses, at least until you get better processors.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Well, I found something called Windows Media Encoder that does it on the fly. Still need to play around with the settings a bit and find a good balance between size and quality.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
In-game on the fly, eh?  I'll have to re-d'l it and see.

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
I've started playing the mod and it looks great (I've reached 5th mission).  :yes: :yes:

Just a fast post to point a little design issue in 3rd mission:

Spoiler:
There's a trick to easily target Unknown.

You haven't set its Hotkey as Hidden so it can be assigned to a multitarget group in F3 window. Because of this bug, (where I've just posted this info), you can multitarget it. Then you just have to wait till it can be targeted an then  through the assigned Fxx key, target it. The Bonus objective is too easy with this trick.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Nice catch. It will be trivial to fix on the mission end, although that bonus objective is supposed to be very easy to get anyway, once you realize what's going on with it.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
OMG Spoiler tags!

Unable to start the campaign. I get an "Invalid Intel name"-prompt with many types of weapons which the prog can´t load correctly. I tried with several builds (even RC 7.9 of course) but I get the same error all the times.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Try creating a new pilot if you haven't already, and make sure that all of the subdirectories in your main data folder are empty (apart from freddocs).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 11:54:56 am by CP5670 »

I already tried to solve the problem with creating a new pilot but it didn´t work. The data-folder in the FS2-main folder is empty (except the missions-folder, but that shouldn´t be a problem).

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Try using the "Post your FS2 dir" link in my siggy.  Then we can take a look & see what may be wrong.

Offline Nuclear1

Try using the "Post your FS2 dir" link in my siggy.  Then we can take a look & see what may be wrong.
Assuming you can navigate through that beast of a signature you have there. :p
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

I think it´s no problem with my FS2-DIR, cause I have many other mods installed and they work with no problems (except Casualties of War 1)...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Not FS2... Procyon.  If you use the command I posted, FS2 and all subdirs will be listed.  So, if the problem is with a file in the Procyon dir, it will most likely show up in the listing.  :nod:

I tried it, but "dos" says that the command "s>" ist unknown...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Eh, did you copy it right?  Type exactly the following: (include everything, quotes and all)

dir "c:\games\freespace2" /s>"%homepath%\my documents\fs2dir.txt"

It sounds like you forgot a quotation mark.  EDIT:  Or forgot the / before s... make sure it's /, not \... "c:\games\freespace2" /s