Author Topic: RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency  (Read 289668 times)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency
What build are you using? When I played this last week, the balance in that particular mission seemed to be a little off from what I remember, and I made some adjustments to it in the 1.04 version to compensate for that. It may have something to do with the build or media VP changes, which I have had trouble with in the past.

I largely ignore the bombers in that mission unless they attack me. The warships and their beams are meant to your main target, not the bombers. This was actually one of the differences I noticed though. The bombers seemed more aggressive than I remember, both against you as well as the Minotaur. I find a Maxim alone good enough to take down the beams, but Trebuchets or Stilettos will make it easier.

If you are not seeing the turret submodels from a distance, you may need to turn up the ingame graphics settings.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 01:37:36 pm by CP5670 »

I'm using 1.03. I somehow missed the new one.  :eek2:

Also, the next mission eventually has a super attack squad that kills me with stun cannons (forgot name), EMP, and the systems draining guns. I once hit them directly with infyrno missiles as they approached and it didn't finish them off.

Do you have to take out the cargo quickly to keep this group from appearing?

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It seems that Shiv didn't looked at wiki weapons database, because if he looked, he would know that:
Quote from: Wiki veteran comments
A note to FREDders: Arming enemy ships with this thing is sadistic and immoral.
By stun gun you most likely mean Morning star.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I agree with that comment. :P

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I think he means the Lamprey, another weapon the PCA uses.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Hello all,

Sorry for not reading through all 42 pages of comments before posting. :)  Can someone please tell me what the three damage numbers mean in the weapons loadout page?  Also, in ship selection, what do the two armor numbers mean, and under gun mounts, what does it mean, for example, "2/2 x 150"?

Thanks,

-TM

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I believe the first number under the Armor field in the Ship Selection menu is the maximum shield integrity for that particular ship. The second number after that is the hull integrity.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
For ship selection, Armor/Shield or vice versa (lower number is shield most often) And for weapons it's Armor/Shield/Subsystem.

Offline Tomo

Mission 8
Spoiler:
Fall of the Kingpin
appears to be bugged. (v1.04)

In everything else, taking out the Navigation subsystem prevents a ship from jumping - but this doesn't hold true in this mission. If that's deliberate, then it should be mentioned in the briefing.

Also, Alpha wingmen are utterly *useless*. I've now tried this mission four times and they have not made a single kill between them - there is not enough time for me to take out the enemy fighters as well as
Spoiler:
disable the objective
This is getting rather frustrating.

Up until this mission, it's been hard (not got many of the bonuses), but very good.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
What difficulty? On easy wingmen are useless anyways.

For ship selection, Armor/Shield or vice versa (lower number is shield most often) And for weapons it's Armor/Shield/Subsystem.

So under gun mounts, what does it mean, for example, "2/2 x 150"?

-TM

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
So under gun mounts, what does it mean, for example, "2/2 x 150"?

-TM

2/2 x 150, for example, means that both gun banks have two hardpoints and an energy capacity of 150. The other rating is armor and shield strength, in that order. The shield strength is higher on most ships.

I would have liked the add the afterburner speeds there too, which are more relevant than the cruising speeds, but the game doesn't let you change that. :p

In everything else, taking out the Navigation subsystem prevents a ship from jumping - but this doesn't hold true in this mission. If that's deliberate, then it should be mentioned in the briefing.

You're right, that was an oversight. I assumed that players would hit the engines first instead of the navigation, which is in the front and harder to reach. That mission should be quite easy though, even if you make no attempt to rush. Take out the rear-facing turrets with Stilettos before getting close to the ship.

Offline Tomo

Thanks CP5670

Navigation is usually much easier to take out because there's only one of those.
Unloading a set of Stilettos into it from outside of turret range worked pretty well, except for the whole 'not stopping it jumping' thing.

Actually though, the key the that mission appeared to be which primary weapon you choose. That sniper rifle thingy is scary - literally one hit one kill if you get both bolts to land.

Wow, this last mission is insanely difficult. It's not even the turrets that kill me, it's all the fighters....... the Amun is helpless against them. On my 13th death now  :mad:

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:55:56 am by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

Wow, this last mission is insanely difficult. It's not even the turrets that kill me, it's all the fighters....... the Amun is helpless against them. On my 13th death now  :mad:

Yeah I never finished the last mission. I should go back and try it again.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
The trick with the Amun is to realize that it has super turrets. Simply press "R" when you are attacked and then wait a few seconds until the enemy is attacked. Do that and C-3-1 your wingmen, and then return them to normal duty afterward.

Good Morning!

I'm stuck in the nebula. It seems there are many bugs.
1. After scanning cargo and destroying fighters I have directive to follow Alpha 1. But it's impossible when Alpha 1 starts to flying around.
2. Occasionally Alpha 1 is flying 10-11 clicks from me, though 10 seconds ago he was near me.
3. I once managed to reach to the wing of utargetable and indestructible Lokis. That was another case when Alpha 1 started to flying around and nothing happened.
I even didn't reach to the SC Agni!
What's going on?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I had these three issues on my first run of this mission as well. Try restarting the mission and playing it again.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
If by "flying around" you mean that he's going in circles, try an older build. I never could figure out what caused this. It happened occasionally in the past too but seems to have become more common at some point with one of the newer builds.