Author Topic: [WIP/Teaser] Vega must burn (formerly "Secret April Project")  (Read 7946 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
[WIP/Teaser] Vega must burn (formerly "Secret April Project")
Updated 4/21/2019

Vega must burn will put you aboard the PVD Hope, of Freepsace 1 and Silent Threat: Reborn-fame. The Hope has been tasked to prepare Vega for the upcoming muster of several PVN battlegroups. However what planners back on Vasuda Prime envisioned as a pause to resupply and reorganize several, previously seperated battlegroups befor further fighting along Antares-Vega-Deneb-Line, will soon be know as one of blodiest defeats the Parliamentary Vasudan Navy has ever known.

But Vega must burn is not just about that. As the Hammer of Light strikes, you will have a choice:
- Do you stand with PVD Hope to deny the Hammer of Light complete victory?
- Will you make sure the PVC Adamant delivers the news of the ambush to the GTA fleet in Antares?
- Or is your alliegance already with the Hammer of Light?

Vega must burn will have three distinct endings depending on your choices and performance. The end to this battle might be written, but your part in it is not.

ps. I know there is another campaign in development that might want to tackle this episode, Vasudan Imperium. I honestly thought that project was dead, but it has recently resurfaced. I don't want to the discourage the people behind that project. More perspectives are always a good thing!
If you have time check out their work :yes:

Hidden Text: Progress: • Show
Last Updated: 4/4/2020

- Mission 1:
- - Mission critical mechanics, finished
- - Mission structure, finished
- - Mission balancing, in progress
- - Mission optional mechanics, finished
- - Briefing/Debriefing, almost there
- - Dialogue, almost there

- Mission 2:
- - Mission balancing, in progress

- Mission 3:
- - Mission critical mechanics, in progress
- - Mission structure, in progress
- - Mission balancing, TBD

- Mission 4, Scenario A:
- - Trigger for this campaign branch, TBD
- - Mission critical mechanics, in progress
- - Mission structure, almost there

- Mission 4, Scenario B:
- - Mission critical mechanics, TBD

- Mission 5a:
- - Mission balancing, finished

- Mission 5b:
- - Mission critical mechanics, TBD
- - Mission structure, TBD

- Mission 5c:
- - Mission optional mechanics, finished

- Credits/Epilogue in-game cutscene - TBD

- Mission relevant scripts - DONE (thanks to Axem)
- Mission relevant assets - DONE (thanks to Nyctaeus)

- Custom HUD gauges - almost there

- Keh'Estian Auxiliary skins for the Anubis and the Ramses/Bastet - DONE
- Hammer of Light skins for the Anubis and the Horus - DONE
- HOL/PVN/VI/GTA/GTI "Receiving Audio" comm-animations - DONE
- Debbugging all assets - almost there

- New weapons - in progress
- "Seeker's Codebook" - in progress
- additional fluff - TBD

Hidden Text: Teaser Game • Show
Since about a week I've been teasing people about something new. Let's consolidate it all today:

Teaser 1 - 4/2/19

Hmm, is that Vasudan? More The Lost Generation inbound?

Hmm, is that Vasudan?

Yes.

More The Lost Generation inbound?

No.

[*cut for time*]

So for the fun of it I tried translating it (using Walking on Ashes as reference), here's what I got.

Spoiler:
  E G A          I S           N I
_ _ _ _       _ _ _ _        _ _ _ _
I'm guessing VEGA MIST ____
That doesn't sound good  :nervous:

That doesn't sound good  :nervous:

7/12 correct

Yay. Many questions, really looking forward to see where this goes :)

Also if I may a second try, but I went back to the first teaser and came out with this.

Spoiler:
V E G A     M U S T    B U R N
_ _ _ _      _ _ _ _     _ _ _ _

12/12 correct

Teaser 2 - 4/7/19

Sorry for the plethora of colours  :nervous:
Hidden Text: Show

1st Line: 9/9 correct
2nd Line: 10/10 correct
3rd Line: 18/18 correct
4th Line: 6/6 correct

First WIP-Screenshots for public consumption - 4/9/2019

Edit: Just clarify, those hostiles on the radar are not Terrans.

I know that's not the most up-to-date Leviathan-model.

April 2019 Screenshot Contest Submission 1&2 - 4/11/2019

Submission 1:

The GTC Newfoundland in the Vega-System (from Vega must burn) - The Fenris/Leviathan was the first captial ship players encountered (chronologically) and remains a popular staple.

Submission 2:

A Shivan strike wing (from Vega must burn). Some Shivan designs never go out of style :)

So, who wants to take a guess at what I am cooking up?

10 of 21 in 22

I don't want to "mystery box" this too much, but just solving this riddle is would be just wrong.
So here is a clue to help you solve:

"It keeps the company of a Hanged Man, a pair of Lovers and the Devil."

10 of 21 is the Wheel of Fortune I believe but i cant work out what the in 22 means

I am the judge so I am going to count that - because that's the answer I've been looking for.

Full explaination:
The Major Arcana of Tarot are 22 cards; however "The Fool" has either the number 0 or, in some decks, no number, which makes the higest numbered card "The World" with 21. The tenth card of the Major Arcana is indeed "The Wheel of Fortune".

The italian name for the "The Wheel Fortune"-card is "La Ruota della Fortuna", which is also the name of a mission in the Freespace 1 campaign, sm2-03a.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 05:18:51 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Re: [WIP/Teaser] "Secret April Project"
Ohhhh, more goodies. :D
Spoiler:
Well, seems to be Great War era or shortly after with the weapons/PVN designation. As for that last photo, maybe a Levi using an Aten as cover to sneak around the medical ship?

Non Terran hostiles? I'm gonna go with maybe an HoL hijacking of that med ship.

I'll attempt a translate of the new text when I get the opportunity. :yes:

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
https://imgur.com/XdqF0dQ

Tried to fit the image itself into the spoiler brackets, but I don't think it works. So have this link.

You can use
Code: [Select]
[hidden] for that kind of stuff.

Offline 0rph3u5

https://imgur.com/XdqF0dQ

1st Line: 3/9 correct
2nd Line: 3/10 correct
3rd Line: 10/18 correct
4th Line: 3/6 correct

You copied a mistake from Colt before - he you got the "V" right by an educated guess but was were wrong on one other letter.

EDIT: my mistake of not reckonizing that it was you both times.  :banghead:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 08:02:41 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline 0rph3u5

So for the fun of it I tried translating it (using Walking on Ashes as reference),

I just noticed there are signifcant spelling mistakes on the Vasudan Text on the Walking on Ashes-banner in Knossos.  :banghead: Since I created the problem a hint:

A when it comes to 4 letters in "walking" and "on" I hit the key that's not right next to it on a german keyboard and created gibberish words.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 07:11:45 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
I'm having way too much fun. So after a little trial and error, I think I decoded the whole thing. Also thank you Nightmare!  :)

Offline 0rph3u5

1st Line: 9/9 correct
2nd Line: 10/10 correct
3rd Line: 18/18 correct
4th Line: 6/6 correct

First post updated.

That's Teaser 2 solved - But what does it mean?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 08:04:53 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================

So, who wants to take a guess at what I am cooking up?

*Tastes soup*

mmmmhhh Headz! :headz:

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Yay. Many questions, really looking forward to see where this goes :)

Also if I may a second try, but I went back to the first teaser and came out with this.

Spoiler:

Offline 0rph3u5

Re: [WIP/Teaser] Vega must burn (formerly "Secret April Project")
Spoiler:

12/12 correct

First Teaser solved.

First post and title updated.

That was faster than I was expecting. But fun.

In the meantime, speculate away.

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

10 of 21 in 22

==================

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam

I'm sorry, I just couldn't pass up this opportunity  :p

Offline 0rph3u5

10 of 21 in 22

I don't want to "mystery box" this too much, but just solving this riddle is would be just wrong.
So here is a clue to help you solve:

"It keeps the company of a Hanged Man, a pair of Lovers and the Devil."

==================

10 of 21 is the Wheel of Fortune I believe but i cant work out what the in 22 means
May the Force be with you

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
NOTE TO SELF - PULL FINGER OUT AND START PROOF-READING  :lol:

I have been crazy busy with commissions, visiting people in hospital and looking after the kiddies over Easter. It should calm down after the Bank holiday, so I'll get cracking then :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline 0rph3u5

I am the judge so I am going to count that - because that's the answer I've been looking for.

Full explaination:
The Major Arcana of Tarot are 22 cards; however "The Fool" has either the number 0 or, in some decks, no number, which makes the higest numbered card "The World" with 21. The tenth card of the Major Arcana is indeed "The Wheel of Fortune".

The italian name for the "The Wheel Fortune"-card is "La Ruota della Fortuna", which is also the name of a mission in the Freespace 1 campaign, sm2-03a.

... which means, for Vega must burn I am again pulling a battle only mentioned in the FS1 Command Briefings and making a campaign out of it. (Which makes this Memories of the Great War 4)

Vega must burn will put you aboard the PVD Hope, of Freepsace 1 and Silent Threat: Reborn-fame. The Hope has been tasked to prepare Vega for the upcoming muster of several PVN battlegroups. However what planners back on Vasuda Prime envisioned as a pause to resupply and reorganize several, previously seperated battlegroups befor further fighting along Antares-Vega-Deneb-Line, will soon be know as one of blodiest defeats the Parliamentary Vasudan Navy has ever known.

But Vega must burn is not just about that. As the Hammer of Light strikes, you will have a choice:
- Do you stand with PVD Hope to deny the Hammer of Light complete victory?
- Will you make sure the PVC Adamant delivers the news of the ambush to the GTA fleet in Antares?
- Or is your alliegance already with the Hammer of Light?

Vega must burn will have three distinct endings depending on your choices and performance. The end to this battle might be written, but your part in it is not.

ps. I know there is another campaign in development that might want to tackle this episode, Vasudan Imperium. I honestly thought that project was dead, but it has recently resurfaced. I don't want to the discourage the people behind that project. More perspectives are always a good thing!
If you have time check out their work :yes:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 04:33:41 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline AdDur

Now, i'm hyped as...

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Vega must burn will put you aboard the PVD Hope, of Freepsace 1 and Silent Threat: Reborn-fame.

:nod:

Looking forward to this!