Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 222368 times)

Offline Shade

Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
It's actually kinda sad that the main trick to winning it is simply to take the AIs completely out of the equation. That and abusing the Myrm's ability to carry helios, and it is practically in the bag.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
The funny thing is that many of those multiplayer missions are written with these tricks in mind and expect players to make use of them. I think the braindead AI is just a bug, but the Myrmidon bombers may well be intentional. :p

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
Can someone host a game please... I'm really bored and have tried for 4 weeks to fix FSO and now I have! I really wanna play :)
Officially fixed FSO. No more errors! Thanks to all who helped. Will play multiplayer anytime!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
Check in another hour. We'll be starting our weekly game at that time.

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
Yay weekly games! You do accept people with low spec comps right? heh I hope I don't lag too much... Internets highspeed though ^_^
Officially fixed FSO. No more errors! Thanks to all who helped. Will play multiplayer anytime!

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
It shouldn't be a problem. As long as you can get it to run the comp specs don't matter too much :)
By the way, you might want to take a look at Shades multiplayer pages at FS Wiki, if you didn't yet: http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Multiplayer_Getting_Started_Guide
Its good to check at least the "In-Game Preparation" part.

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
Ok thanks :) I can't wait I'v been trying to fix FSO for 4 weeks and I finally got it fixed and I wanna play multi!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
How long 'til the game?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Shade

10 minutes.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
Yay ^_^ Are we doing several games? or just one big game?

Offline Shade

No fixed number - We usually play for around 4 hours, so as many games as will fit into that time.

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
AWSOME! I am one happy player! 4 weeks of trying to fix this and it will all pay off with 4 hours of FUN!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Wow. I usually stay in 'till nine or ten.

EDIT: Get on the FS2Net Game Viewer.

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
Everyone go to the Viewer :)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Everyone go to the Viewer :)
OMG SHADE GET ON THE VIEWER!!!1!11!1!

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
Woot its time! Time for the big game!

Offline Shade

I don't use the viewer :p I'm far too much of a control freak when it comes to my computer for that, so I do it the old fashioned way of running Freespace Open and then clicking on the ready room...

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
Lol ^_^ Well I hope we all have a nice fun game of kill the shivans :D

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Lol ^_^ Well I hope we all have a nice fun game of kill the shivans each other :D

Offline Shade

Oh, we will :) And Vasudans... and Terrans. I see no reason to discriminate :p

[Edit] Well, we tend to concentrate on Coop, but even so, "friendly" fire has been known to happen occationally :p