Author Topic: Looking for Retro Games  (Read 1467 times)

Looking for Retro Games
I'm looking for information on two games of which I forgot their names but remember how they played:

1) Top down shooter.  But not your regular top down shooter.  In this game you move about in a large map, up, down, left, right, or diagonally.  Your ship fires two ways, in front and behind.  There are enemies, asteroids, mines, and other stuff you destroy.  But the things you're looking for are these six-orbed bases which launch wings of 5 fighters (with a lead anchor ship, destroy this ship and the fighters disperse).  You can attack these bases by blasting the orbs (which fire stuff) or you can destroy the "core" of the base, of which there are two ways to destroy it.

2) This is also a space shootemup, but with one big difference: your ship moves in a circle shooting ahead.  Also, there are enemies that float around in a formation before attacking you (like Galaga).  Unlike Galaga, you can get two sets of blaster fire without sacrificing one of your ships.  This appears to be a perspective shooter as you are moving about in the circle shooting ahead which apparently is "shooting in".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Looking for Retro Games
The first game is definitely Bosconian.  Luckily for you, it happened to be on volume 1 of Namco Museum for the PSX, which I happened to own. :p