Author Topic: Know your Sol: History of Martian Terraforming and Colonization  (Read 36298 times)

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Re: Know your Sol: History of Martian Terraforming and Colonization
The literal translation into Cantonese for Karen Ng'Mei is Karen Not Beautiful.  :D
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Darius

Or beautiful five :P

I get a heavy Kim Stanley Robinson vibe, particularly the Red Mars series, from the terraforming descriptions, as well as the in game descriptions from Noemi's visit to planet. Did inspiration come from there, or just coincidence?

Hi there~ :)
I can't awnser your question but maybe just start a new thread next time? :nod:

Well this is a necro and a half. Forgot this was written but read it again anyway cause BP lore.

:P

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
No, this is the right thread for it. I don't know if Red Mars was a direct inspiration on Herra; I haven't read it myself but I've heard it's very good.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Original post has been restored to include images nuked by the great ImageShack purge (may the fleas of a thousand Shivans infest their servers).

Funnily enough, although one of the original images has apparently been lost to where-ever used bits go, it appears that the image has been re-circulated throughout a lot of Spanish and some French articles in the interwebs.

Apparently some people have considered that picture believable enough to be an "artist's impression" of partially terraformed Mars, or something.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
To be honest I kindof assumed that was where they got it