FreeSpace Releases > Scripting Releases

ship save/load script

<< < (18/18)

Goober5000:
I thought I'd post my version of the ship save/load script.  The only major change is to implement the deferred file writing I mentioned above, since I encountered significant pauses in both Scroll and Deneb III when using the script in certain missions.  With this new version, the pauses are not noticeable.

The new functionality required a few changes to the API.  When saving a file, you must call save_init before all of the save calls, followed by save_done after all of them.  (The save_done call is what actually writes the data to the file.)  When loading a file, you must call load_init before all of the load calls.  There is no corresponding load_done.

NB: In this script, I used "Invisible Target" instead of "Shipsave" for the temp class ship entry.

Admiral MS:
Oh, so you already made these changes, that's nice :)
I'll add your version to the package, update the readme and maybe rename the shipclass back to Shipsave for consistency. You could have sent me a PM though - I didn't notice any new posts in here despite checking the forum nearly every day.

Goober5000:
Oh, well, I thought you would have thread notifications enabled.

(Actually, we have had issues with the forum not sending emails to some members, so you may not have seen it.)

Goober5000:
Bump to let people know about my rewritten version of this script.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version